Veiled chameleon basking a lot and seeming kind of inactive

I talked to another reptile shop owner, who seems a bit more reliable than the guy i got Georg from. We spoke about parasites and such and he told me, he treats his chams kind of like you would with a cat or dog - that means, he‘ll treat them „regulary“ with „anti worm medicine“ (Sorry i don‘t know the proper english term for that), without doing a fecal test - His opinion is that animals and therefore also chameleons get worms either way so he will treat them once or twice while in his care (before they are sold) and be done with it.
I guess it‘s not recommend because it will stress the chameleons body - but is this something thats done more often or really not a good thing to do?

I really don‘t want to cheap out on vet appointments, but it‘s a bit hard to get there in time during opening hours while working full time. And having a prepared fresh fecal with me :D

Georg‘s smaller size is for real the only thing that makes me wonder if he has parasites, other than that he seems pretty healthy.

Thanks and as always, have a fantastic day!

It’s true, but not all parasites are harmful or need to be treated. If it was me I wouldn’t go for this approach, but this is something I’m not experienced with. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

I prefer more this method https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/how-to-do-your-own-fecal-float-video.810/
Well, thats interesting… I‘m not sure how to get all the necessary equipment tho, or even if I‘m reliable enough to tell the right parasite :)
But it‘s good to know there are other options

And don't be shy spamming us with pictures of Georg ;)
Sure! I got a few good ones :) But not to many, because it seems Georg sees my red phone as threat

The one where he‘s on the enclosure wall and the one where he‘s standing upright in the corner - thats how he slept during these nights.

The one where he raises his head slightly kinda looks like he has a milk beard on his lip.

Then there‘s the majestic one where I‘m feeding him and he just looks so goofy :D

The first one (if the order is kept) is the most recent one from last saturday. Its interesting how his casque grew without me really realizing. I only noticed it by looking at older pictures of him.

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg