Male being very territorial

I have a question for you all. Specially for those owners of male Panthers or any males. Recently I have noticed my male ( 9 months old) is becoming sexually mature (sperm deposits around the cage). He has always been an feisty little guy but recently I noticed him getting extra territorial. He paces all around his cage on the screen.He is still really heathy. He eats a TON and poops everyday. Is this normal for males to get like this? I only noticed him getting extra fierce and territorial once I started finding the sperm deposits. I figure it has to be related. No you guys have any tips and tricks for very territorial males?

Is he doing threat displays or just pacing? Did you already upgrade his cage size?
He paces and when I come close he gets really angry. He is in a Repti Breeze XL right now and we are in the process of building him an enclosure. It should be ready in about a week

Is he doing threat displays or just pacing? Did you already upgrade his cage size?
DECB2EAE-1383-47CA-AC1B-4DA8C28BA41B.jpeg

This is him right now. He goes on period where he is more relaxed and then he starts going all crazy again.

Yes, all my animals regardless of species change their behavior upon hitting sexual maturity. After a few years their bravado generally tones down.

Not sure about the toning down in regards to chams tho.

He puffs up, his beard comes out, and sometimes he opens his mouth
Yes, it is normal... My boy did not do an attitude change until he was about 13 months old. Now he makes the rules and runs the house. :hilarious:
Pacing is very common at this age as well because they are trying to find the women in their territory.

Back
Top Bottom