I will miss seeing the progression of naboo but you have every right to loose interest in this thread. I hope he turns to be an even more amazing mistio than he already is:)

Gunna go on a little rant here.

For those new members who are making all of these "365 Days of.." threads, I originally made this thread to document the growth of a MIXED panther. We all know what veileds are going to look like when they're an adult. I have a veiled and I love him to bits, but I don't bother taking a photo of him every day because I can guess what he will look like when he is older. Naboo is a different story. No one knows what a mixed panther is going to look like. It's a surprise, and that is why I wanted to create this thread. So go ahead and get mad at me for saying this, but come on guys, 365 photos that are poor quality because they are taken using your phone just isn't worth it. I come home from work every day and take about 50 photos of Naboo. And then I sort through them all and pick my favourite. By the time I am finished I will have spent an hour of my time just snapping photos and uploading them. I want to stop this thread now because I feel like there is no point. If people are going to take a photo with their phone of their veiled chameleon every day and thats that, what the hell is the point of me taking all of this time when "anyone" can do it. I was taking this project pretty seriously and I wanted others to watch his growth and witness what he will become, not to 'admire' him. So that's that. Sorry to everyone who is getting annoyed with all of these damn "365 days of..." threads, I never meant to start a lame *** trend. And sorry to everyone who is offended by this post. I'm grumpy, just had a long *** day at work, and that's that.

I Completely Agree.

aw :( I've been checking this thread every day. I'm sad that you want to end it. I think you should just keep going; partially selfishly because I want to see him grow, partially because I think others with 365 threads won't actually keep up 365 days.

The other threads don't bother me, I check them occasionally too, but this is the one I check on regularly.

I take and post photos of Hobbes daily, too, but I post them onto his own Tumblr blog: http://thedailyhobbes.tumblr.com/

I wanted to document his growth, but not bother anyone here with my penchant for taking and posting hundreds of photos of a chameleon no one is enthralled by. Instead, this blog is followed by mostly non-herpers (my friends and people who like to see "cute" animal photos)

Perhaps you could start a Tumblr for Naboo? I would definitely follow it!!

As would I. I spend a lot of time away from home (my lovely wife is an awesome chameleon mom) so I kinda follow Naboo as a way of following my guy's progression. If you do the Tumblr thing, I humbly ask if you could let me know :/

For those new members who are making all of these "365 Days of.." threads, I originally made this thread to document the growth of a MIXED panther. We all know what veileds are going to look like when they're an adult. I have a veiled and I love him to bits, but I don't bother taking a photo of him every day because I can guess what he will look like when he is older. Naboo is a different story. No one knows what a mixed panther is going to look like. It's a surprise, and that is why I wanted to create this thread. So go ahead and get mad at me for saying this, but come on guys, 365 photos that are poor quality because they are taken using your phone just isn't worth it. I come home from work every day and take about 50 photos of Naboo. And then I sort through them all and pick my favourite. By the time I am finished I will have spent an hour of my time just snapping photos and uploading them. I want to stop this thread now because I feel like there is no point. If people are going to take a photo with their phone of their veiled chameleon every day and thats that, what the hell is the point of me taking all of this time when "anyone" can do it. I was taking this project pretty seriously and I wanted others to watch his growth and witness what he will become, not to 'admire' him. So that's that. Sorry to everyone who is getting annoyed with all of these damn "365 days of..." threads, I never meant to start a lame *** trend. And sorry to everyone who is offended by this post. I'm grumpy, just had a long *** day at work, and that's that.

I sincerely hope that you don't stop posting your pics of Naboo. I have enjoyed every one. It's a great thing you have been doing. This is the only thread I follow. I have a panther Zuri and I know it is difficult to capture the colors. He changes from one second to the next. I've been impressed with how well you get Naboo's expressions. I feel like I know his personality.

I really hope that you choose to continue on! Being new to chameleons and the forum, I am loving being able to see the amazing colours day by day that they can produce! I"m actually blown away by what Naboo has shown! Even if you plan to continue and post elsewhere I'd love to know! I've really enjoyed every photo you have posted and I'm well aware that you are very talented with a camera.

I'm sad that you are choosing to end this. I've been watching everyday for your beautiful new photo.. But I completely agree as to seeing the growth of a different kind of chameleon, that you have no idea what's coming..

I really hope you choose to keep posting with this project! Just ignore all the other threads, you don't need to look at them!

Focus your camera and keep snapping, some of us are loving it! :)

I dont know why you would let someone else's thread ruin your "thing"
In all honesty you care way too much what other people are doing. You have a unique cham and it makes sense to want to make a thread on this progression. IF you think hes stealing your light- A thread with a grown vieled wont get much attention anyways.
Continue your thread and stop being a baby. Real talk.

Wow, really? I suppose this is aimed at me, being that I have a veiled chameleon. If you don't like my "365 days of Jake" thread, don't look at it. Nobody is forcing you (or anyone else) to look at any particular thread, acknowledge any thread or user, or even log on to this forum. I'm not hurting anyone, and I'm certainly not bashing people for doing something that they enjoy. Also, just because other people are doing it doesn't make yours any less important. And even if I can GUESS what Jake will look like when he grows up, I still find it interesting to see how he changes as he grows. He is my first chameleon, and although he may not be as FANCY as your mixed panther (ooh la la), I still think he is beautiful.
I really didn't want to come on this forum and get into any drama, but your little cry baby rant annoyed me too much to keep my "mouth shut".

Wow, really? I suppose this is aimed at me, being that I have a veiled chameleon. If you don't like my "365 days of Jake" thread, don't look at it. Nobody is forcing you (or anyone else) to look at any particular thread, acknowledge any thread or user, or even log on to this forum. I'm not hurting anyone, and I'm certainly not bashing people for doing something that they enjoy. Also, just because other people are doing it doesn't make yours any less important. And even if I can GUESS what Jake will look like when he grows up, I still find it interesting to see how he changes as he grows. He is my first chameleon, and although he may not be as FANCY as your mixed panther (ooh la la), I still think he is beautiful.
I really didn't want to come on this forum and get into any drama, but your little cry baby rant annoyed me too much to keep my "mouth shut".
I completely agree, no one trying to steal your spotlight reptigeek. Taking a picture of something for 365 days was your ORIGINAL idea? No ones ever thought of that before? C'mon man. You may put more time into this project, sure. But that doesnt mean you can bash other people for following a trend that YOU followed AS WELL. Just cause you were first to do it on the forums makes you THE ONLY one that can do it? .. makes no sense.

Naboo is COOL and he is UNIQUE but dont bash other people showing the same love you show for Naboo to their chams as well.

I completely agree, no one trying to steal your spotlight reptigeek. Taking a picture of something for 365 days was your ORIGINAL idea? No ones ever thought of that before? C'mon man. You may put more time into this project, sure. But that doesnt mean you can bash other people for following a trend that YOU followed AS WELL. Just cause you were first to do it on the forums makes you THE ONLY one that can do it? .. makes no sense.

Naboo is COOL and he is UNIQUE but dont bash other people showing the same love you show for Naboo to their chams as well.

Indeed. I would like to add that I have a 5-year-old daughter, two cats, a dog, two mice, and 3 guinea pigs that all need to be cared for as well, so I don't have time to spend hours taking pictures. It's a miracle that I am able to get any pictures of him at all.

No, you're absolutely right. Here at CF everyone has a choice to do as they please. I am just a little tired of people taking my idea and doing the exact same thing I am doing but for absolutely no significance. Veiled chameleons are beautiful, like I said, I have Gizmo and I love him to bits. I was tired, grumpy, and stupid. My apologies for offending you and everyone else. I don't take back what I said, but I should have kept it to myself. Regardless, I don't wish to carry on this thread. It does not have significance to me anymore and I will merely keep his progression to myself for the time being.

It may be of no significance to you, but to state that it is plainly of no significance, that is just arrogant. Your age is showing.

Honestly guys I feel like a complete **** right now. I let the worst get to me yesterday. I'm not generally a selfish @$$ face. Keep doing your 365 threads. Fudge I feel like a huge idiot. I will continue to document his progression. I will just not upload every day. Lets say I'll post once a week, but every day will be within that single post? I meant no disrespect to those doing this thread. Ugh. I'm terrible at digging myself deeper into a hole. Y'all have every reason to be upset with me, but I promise to keep my frustration to myself and not bring it to the forum that has only ever given me comfort and appreciation.
My sincerest apologies,
Travis.

Dont worry about it and just keep posting pictures of Naboo! Everyone has a bad day at work or school we've all been there, we're only human!

Honestly guys I feel like a complete **** right now. I let the worst get to me yesterday. I'm not generally a selfish @$$ face. Keep doing your 365 threads. Fudge I feel like a huge idiot. I will continue to document his progression. I will just not upload every day. Lets say I'll post once a week, but every day will be within that single post? I meant no disrespect to those doing this thread. Ugh. I'm terrible at digging myself deeper into a hole. Y'all have every reason to be upset with me, but I promise to keep my frustration to myself and not bring it to the forum that has only ever given me comfort and appreciation.
My sincerest apologies,
Travis.

Don't feel like you have to change what you're doing. People are going to look at the threads they want to. Me posting a picture every day isn't going to take the spotlight off of your thread (or anyone else's). I'm sure nobody else cares how Jake looks every day, but now that I've started it, my OCD won't let me stop (not joking).
Do what you do!

Don't feel like you have to change what you're doing. People are going to look at the threads they want to. Me posting a picture every day isn't going to take the spotlight off of your thread (or anyone else's). I'm sure nobody else cares how Jake looks every day, but now that I've started it, my OCD won't let me stop (not joking).
Do what you do!
Tdismang, I really want to apologize to you, most importantly. I did not mean to direct my post towards you, but you took it as though it was and you have every right to feel that way. I wish I had never said what I said, but unfortunately I did, and it will be my job to fix that. I can't remember the last time I offended someone, and I now remember why I always keep things to myself. Hurting people's feelings is the worst feeling ever. I'm on Chameleon Forums every day because I love this forum. I love seeing photos of chameleons who I have envied from the very first time I saw them. And I love seeing new members finding their way to the forums. Tdismang, CF is an amazing forum full of extremely helpful and supportive members, don't let the words I wrote change your mind on that. I messed up by tainting that image. If Cswan (other 365 thread) sees this, I apologize to you as well. I commented on your thread with kind words and still look at your thread most days. I don't know why I snapped because I have nothing against it. Once again, I said something I shouldn't have. I'm sorry.

Naboo is awesome! Even you don't do it every day I hope you keep up regular documentation, this is a really cool project

My sincerest apologies,
Travis.

I just wanted to say I have mad respect for you right now. That was really big of you to do and I was shocked to see such an extreme turnaround in this thread. Normally I continue to argue my point even after realizing that I am in the wrong. You realized it and then owned up to it like a champ. Something I doubt I can/will ever do, but hopefully will be able to after witnessing this. Don't feel like an @$$ anymore please, that was truly humbling. You have bettered yourself and those involved in this thread.

~Ben

I second that. That's big to do in real life, let alone online where its so easy to be nasty and things like this usually spiral out of control until they are ripping the fabric of reality apart. I just hope ALL the 365 threads keep updating regularly

ReptiGeek, I was very disappointed when I read your original post about how you were angry at the other 365 threads. I didn't think my posts were a problem. I posted on my thread that it will be my last post of Malibu on this forum. After I did so, I saw that you had apologized. I appreciate your apologies. I was and am enjoying posting to my 365 thread, and if it won't cause any further problems I would like to continue posting on the forums. I realize I was overreacting by letting your posts get to me so much that I was going to stop my posts on this forum.

ReptiGeek, I was very disappointed when I read your original post about how you were angry at the other 365 threads. I didn't think my posts were a problem. I posted on my thread that it will be my last post of Malibu on this forum. After I did so, I saw that you had apologized. I appreciate your apologies. I was and am enjoying posting to my 365 thread, and if it won't cause any further problems I would like to continue posting on the forums. I realize I was overreacting by letting your posts get to me so much that I was going to stop my posts on this forum.
Keep posting Cswan19! Please disregard that very rude and absurd post of mine.

Back
Top Bottom