365 Days of Malibu!

cswan19

So i came across ReptiGeeks thread of 365 days of Naboo and thought it was really interesting and a good way to track the growth of your chameleon. I had to do one myself. I originally wanted to wait until I got a better camera to start this project but I don't have the money right now so I thought I would just get it started. I've had my baby male veiled for almost 2 months so I'm getting started pretty late but he's still growing :) He is about 2 months old right now and a pretty sweet dude. Thanks again to ReptiGeek for the idea!! :) I'll be posting a picture of him a day to watch and keep track of his growth.

Sorry about the crappy quality it was taken on my phone... if anyone wants to sell me an old camera for pretty cheap pm me. looking for a canon or nikon dslr or any other brand... i literally know nothing about cameras or photography other than a gopro hero 3 so looking for something cheap. lol anyway without further adieu........

DAY 1:

DAY 2:

F2B9FF34-2C08-4CE2-A9A0-114E424C7FFB-21533-0000031571BE0BA4_zps948296b1.jpg

Showing some color ! :)

I'm glad to see more people are enthusiastic to document their growth of their chameleon.
As for a camera, you don't really need a DSLR anymore. Even an older generation (2010) Nikon Coolpix can take a 10Megapixel photo that comes out very crisp, and to top it off they are relatively inexpensive, especially on your local classifieds sites. DSLR camera's are for those who want really crisp focus, nice DOF, and are able to tinker with the shutter speed and exposure. Let's put it this way, even the iPhone and Galaxy can take really nice photos (check out Maxttu's photos, those are all with the iPhone and they are great!).
Anyways, looking forward to seeing his development!

DAY 3:

I'm glad to see more people are enthusiastic to document their growth of their chameleon.
As for a camera, you don't really need a DSLR anymore. Even an older generation (2010) Nikon Coolpix can take a 10Megapixel photo that comes out very crisp, and to top it off they are relatively inexpensive, especially on your local classifieds sites. DSLR camera's are for those who want really crisp focus, nice DOF, and are able to tinker with the shutter speed and exposure. Let's put it this way, even the iPhone and Galaxy can take really nice photos (check out Maxttu's photos, those are all with the iPhone and they are great!).
Anyways, looking forward to seeing his development!

Yeah i have the iphone 4 so all these pictures will be from my iPhone. I may look into getting a nikon coolpix, unfortunately my gopro hero 3 doesn't take the best pictures... great with video though lol. anyway i owe you for this idea :) hahaha and I'm looking forward to watching Naboo and Malibu grow and looking back on it after the year! it'll be very interesting and cool.

Believe me, you are gonna be shocked when you see the growth rate in a couple of months when his casque starts getting bigger and bigger, I wish I would have done this with my Veileds!

Believe me, you are gonna be shocked when you see the growth rate in a couple of months when his casque starts getting bigger and bigger, I wish I would have done this with my Veileds!

I'm really looking forward to seeing his growth :D Can't wait until he starts to show more color and developing into an adult. Really excited ad will be awesome to look back on after the project is finished !

Me too, I have no baby pics of Smeagie or any of my other guyz.
Now that they are all over a year old, I regret not having baby pics :(

Day 8

"talk to the tail"

Me too, I have no baby pics of Smeagie or any of my other guyz.
Now that they are all over a year old, I regret not having baby pics :(

Yeah, that does stink. maybe next time around, right? :) haha I'm really glad reptigeek came up with this awesome idea! Once finished it will be a great thread!

Day 9

Got a little handling time in today, surprised he walked right onto my hand after about a minute of it being in his enclosure, seems like he's warming up to me :)

E99970C7-5BF4-4A1E-AA11-249D072F847B-7557-00000112407B99C4_zps4742f3bd.jpg

Awesome stuff. I've just seen ReptiGeeks thread as well now. I would never have the dedication to camerawork for this but its great to see someone else doing it! Well done to you both :)

Day 10

Showing his dark side!

95E4E839-6AFD-473D-A6A1-63DBF1FC6771-1970-0000002EE12D7246_zpsc9ecfe98.jpg

Awesome stuff. I've just seen ReptiGeeks thread as well now. I would never have the dedication to camerawork for this but its great to see someone else doing it! Well done to you both :)

Thanks :) I'm really enjoying it, I basically take pictures if him almost everyday anyway, might as well post them. Haha

Dude, i am bookmarking this thread and will be checking it everyday! Dont miss a day in the pictures! It will take some devotion... but remember! You have one follower ;)

Dude, i am bookmarking this thread and will be checking it everyday! Dont miss a day in the pictures! It will take some devotion... but remember! You have one follower ;)

Awesome!!! really glad to know someone is enjoying my posts :) great motivator! thanks

Back
Top Bottom