1000 dubias!!!!

Only for you @Beman
image.jpg
image.jpg

OMG!!!! ok thank you for that! I will be buying my dubia for the rest of my life now. I would be homeless if my family saw that! WOW I had no clue how huge the adults were.. Like you could throw a collar and a leash on those and take them for a walk!
Yes I’m still intimidated by the size of them!! Idk why I’m so crazy. My husband screamed when he opened the lid

I’m okay with the adult females. The adult males are the ones that creep me out those big wings and they seem to crawl faster than the nymphs and adult females. They get about 2 inches in length on average if you wanted to know @Beman

Yes I’m still intimidated by the size of them!! Idk why I’m so crazy. My husband screamed when he opened the lid
I am with your husband on this!

I’m okay with the adult females. The adult males are the ones that creep me out those big wings and they seem to crawl faster than the nymphs and adult females. They get about 2 inches in length on average if you wanted to know @Beman

Nope nope nope creepy creepy creepy! lol

How do you keep your set up? I was going bioactive but the guy who smelled me them messaged me something that discouraged me from doing it :(

I will admit that I sometimes hold mine because I like them. I tell them "sorry!" when I feed them off. Do the same with the silkworms. My family thinks I'm crazy for sure, and now you guys can too lol

How do you keep your set up? I was going bioactive but the guy who smelled me them messaged me something that discouraged me from doing it :(
Right now I have mine in a 55 or 60 quart sterilite bin with a heat pad underneath hooked up to a on off thermostat. I set it to 95 degrees. My colony isn’t as big as yours so I have one half of 6 egg crates on the hot side and the other half which is the cool side is where I put my food for them. I use a Tupperware container to feed them I cut out a side of the container for them to crawl into. This keeps the veggies and anything else I put in there off the floor and I can easily pull the Tupperware container out every other day wash it out and put new food in it.

Do tough love... I sware they will convert to the dubia if that is their only option. Then you can add back in your other feeders. I would like to breed my own cause it gets really expensive but right now between the space we have and needing them to be in the garage I just cant. Maybe in the future.
My Veiled used to loved them and stopped,, should I "Tough Love" him, and he'll eat them?

My Veiled used to loved them and stopped,, should I "Tough Love" him, and he'll eat them?
It worked for me... However I would not do it unless he is over 9 months.. I held out and only offered Dubia every day for 5 days... He broke down. I did offer them every day though instead of his every other day feeding.
Honestly it just depends on the entire picture.. Beman had gone off crickets too. So the only thing he was willing to eat was BSFL, silks, and horns.

Do tough love... I sware they will convert to the dubia if that is their only option. Then you can add back in your other feeders. I would like to breed my own cause it gets really expensive but right now between the space we have and needing them to be in the garage I just cant. Maybe in the future.
Mine also likes to eat Substrate if hes hungry, or he'll eat My isopods.... He wont even look at the roaches anymore.

Mine also likes to eat Substrate if hes hungry, or he'll eat My isopods.... He wont even look at the roaches anymore.
I would take a look at your supplementation if he is eating substrate... typically they do this when something is off and they are trying to correct it.
Beman was very picky but I want him to eat healthy so he has to adapt to what I give him. He gets dubia, BSFL, silks, a hornworm here and there. Plus I have Black soldier flies and blue bottle flies that hatch out each day in his enclosure. I have learned that he does not like Dubia, Horns, or silks to be too large. He will back off of them if I try to feed one that is over his required size lol.

I would take a look at your supplementation if he is eating substrate... typically they do this when something is off and they are trying to correct it.
Beman was very picky but I want him to eat healthy so he has to adapt to what I give him. He gets dubia, BSFL, silks, a hornworm here and there. Plus I have Black soldier flies and blue bottle flies that hatch out each day in his enclosure. I have learned that he does not like Dubia, Horns, or silks to be too large. He will back off of them if I try to feed one that is over his required size lol.
He only eats it whens hes starving.... Ive tried the tough love before, but hell eat anything if hes hungry.. From leaves, milipedes, Isopods, moths, Substrate...... He can only take 3 days at most before he starts eaing all that... His diet consists of crickets, waxworms, Superworms, Hornworms. He used to eat dubias but stopped.. I fed him a hissing roach once... Uncle Sneaky Castroo Choked lol

Back
Top Bottom