1000 dubias!!!!

You have a yellow lip? I really want an orange eye. That teal body with black bars and that orange eye is to die for!!!

Yes weigh him at tell the weight.

I personally like the YL resting colors better, I like the yellow on blue, but orange eyes are beautiful too. OE's often don't get as big though and I wanted a big guy lol.

I personally like the YL resting colors better, I like the yellow on blue, but orange eyes are beautiful too. OE's often don't get as big though and I wanted a big guy lol.
Ahhh ok that’s good to know. You got yours from Chris Anderson right? Does he only have YL?

Your big guy is well taken care of with his variety of food you offer him. Would you ever get a female? I know you said females are harder to take care of?

Ahhh ok that’s good to know. You got yours from Chris Anderson right? Does he only have YL?

Your big guy is well taken care of with his variety of food you offer him. Would you ever get a female? I know you said females are harder to take care of?

I think you mean Craig(action jackson) lol and I think he only has YL of parsonii parsonii I'd get a female one day if I had room, they're very pretty. I've heard their egg laying can be tricky at times, but I'm not 100% sure, haven't read into it that much.

Btw if you're looking for cool colors check out the cristifers. They're smaller Parsons, a little larger than Panthers. They have some amazing colors and I hear they're a lot of fun to keep

I think you mean Craig(action jackson) lol and I think he only has YL of parsonii parsonii I'd get a female one day if I had room, they're very pretty. I've heard their egg laying can be tricky at times, but I'm not 100% sure, haven't read into it that much.

Btw if you're looking for cool colors check out the cristifers. They're smaller Parsons, a little larger than Panthers. They have some amazing colors and I hear they're a lot of fun to keep
Ahhh ok lol mixed up here lots of breeders to remember. So once the female reaches sexual maturity it’s harder to care for her then? I have a lot of reading to do about them.

That’s the parson black water is selling. I like how they call it a dwarf giant lol that green with that orange if hella sick. It looks like it has a 5 o’clock shadow lol I’m kinda in love with that one now dammit James making my choice even harder now

What are the minimum cage sizes for these guys? Be nice if I lived in a warm climate like California maybe could have a an outdoor enclosure all year round but me and you live in PA so we don’t have that option haha. How big is your indoor and outdoor enclosures?

What are the minimum cage sizes for these guys? Be nice if I lived in a warm climate like California maybe could have a an outdoor enclosure all year round but me and you live in PA so we don’t have that option haha. How big is your indoor and outdoor enclosures?
I’m lucky to live in Cali so I can build an outdoor cage for mine one day.

I’m lucky to live in Cali so I can build an outdoor cage for mine one day.
Lucky!! They are definitely an awesome species but they need so much space. I really wouldn’t be able to fit an enclosure anywhere in my home.

Going to have to kick your son out his room for the parson lol
No kids I don’t think I’m ready for one of those yet haha. My Ball python and soon to be coming panther chameleon are my kids for now :ROFLMAO: my house isn’t super big I can probably fit another panther or veiled enclosure but I don’t know about a parsons lol. My yard is 2 acres though so id definitely have room for an outdoor enclosure out there. Maybe make one for my panther in the future wouldn’t be a bad idea for our summer.

Actually PA climate is a million times better than cali for Parsons. Parsons are cool weather /high humidity montane's, and they benefit from a brumation period. Infact I do not even think they are able to reproduce without brumation. The summers can be a bit warm, but my boy seems to like it. Since we have high humidity at night, frequent raining and natural temperature drops, it's perfect! The climates are very similar other than the winter freezes. They can handle temps down to the 30s, though my guy gets lowest about 40-45 at the coldest point. They don't eat all winter and move maybe once every few days, if that. Mine has sat in the same spot for a couple weeks during winter. Just give them the high humidity at night, some good mistings, and a chilly part of your house with some lighting and you're good. Then in the spring move him outside until temps dip below 40-50s in the fall.

My indoor enclosure might just be a free range in my garage for winter... my outdoor enclosure is around (I lied before for some reason I thought it was 12) 8 feet high and 10 feet long. Once I get it put together nicely at our new house I'll get some pictures. I'm moving tomorrow.
Omg your moving while your wife is about to pop :eek: Good luck dude(y)

Wow I d
Actually PA climate is a million times better than cali for Parsons. Parsons are cool weather /high humidity montane's, and they benefit from a brumation period. Infact I do not even think they are able to reproduce without brumation. The summers can be a bit warm, but my boy seems to like it. Since we have high humidity at night, frequent raining and natural temperature drops, it's perfect! The climates are very similar other than the winter freezes. They can handle temps down to the 30s, though my guy gets lowest about 40-45 at the coldest point. They don't eat all winter and move maybe once every few days, if that. Mine has sat in the same spot for a couple weeks during winter. Just give them the high humidity at night, some good mistings, and a chilly part of your house with some lighting and you're good. Then in the spring move him outside until temps dip below 40-50s in the fall.
Wow I didn’t know parsons were a montane species! That’s wild how they don’t move at all during the winter kind of like a bear in a den in the winter haha. So what is your indoor enclosures dimensions in your avatar picture? Yeah our weather here is pretty perfect for Montanes seems like it rains everyday where Im located in pa haha. Going to be around 90 degrees though here in a couple days where I’m located. I was going to get a xantholophus at first when I started researching chameleons but ended up finding about Matt’s baby panthers on here and couldn’t resist haha.

Wow I d

Wow I didn’t know parsons were a montane species! That’s wild how they don’t move at all during the winter kind of like a bear in a den in the winter haha. So what is your indoor enclosures dimensions in your avatar picture? Yeah our weather here is pretty perfect for Montanes seems like it rains everyday where Im located in pa haha. Going to be around 90 degrees though here in a couple days where I’m located. I was going to get a xantholophus at first when I started researching chameleons but ended up finding about Matt’s baby panthers on here and couldn’t resist haha.

Yessir, montanes love it here. Just gotta be mindful of the real hot and humid days, but for the most part my chams thrive in this weather. I'm on the north side of Pittsburgh, well the suburbs now. It's a tropical rainforest out here raining every day.

My indoor enclosure is only a large atrium ATM, too small for an adult, but was good for him as a juevenile. When I move him I probably wont keep him in an enclosure when indoors. I'll set up some sort of free range

Yessir, montanes love it here. Just gotta be mindful of the real hot and humid days, but for the most part my chams thrive in this weather. I'm on the north side of Pittsburgh, well the suburbs now. It's a tropical rainforest out here raining every day.

My indoor enclosure is only a large atrium ATM, too small for an adult, but was good for him as a juevenile. When I move him I probably wont keep him in an enclosure when indoors. I'll set up some sort of free range
Yeah I figured it was the atrium just was curious. It’s a very nice setup! I hear parsons get as big as small cats lol so free ranging is probably your best bet.

I’m 40 minutes south of Pittsburgh and it literally rained here for like 7 days straight last week haha. Seems like we’re getting a lot more rain this spring/summer than usual. Hasn’t been too hot and humid but I think that’s going to change in the coming weeks.

Yeah I figured it was the atrium just was curious. It’s a very nice setup! I hear parsons get as big as small cats lol so free ranging is probably your best bet.

I’m 40 minutes south of Pittsburgh and it literally rained here for like 7 days straight last week haha. Seems like we’re getting a lot more rain this spring/summer than usual. Hasn’t been too hot and humid but I think that’s going to change in the coming weeks.

Yup same here! It rained for I swear all of June. We regularly get flash floods around here.

The cuties thing ever. I’ve been away from home and every time we come back we check on the chams first to make sure they are good but today my son decided after we checked on the chams he wanted to check on the dubias. My heart be still... future bug/reptile keeper in the making :love:

Attachments

• 1C8E9DE0-58C7-4318-BAB0-94EFBC28E701.jpeg
    1C8E9DE0-58C7-4318-BAB0-94EFBC28E701.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 100
You think dubias are bad, imagine a roach the same size as a dubia but can move 10 times as fast- ORANGE HEADS!
NO worries though if you are careful, they can't climb (either species). I keep them in a mixed colony but I think it is slowing down the dubia reproduction.

Back
Top Bottom