Ziggy

cristaline

Chameleon Info:
-Your Chameleon - Veiled, male, 6 months. He has been with us for a month now.
-Handling - Everyday. But he doesn't mind it.
-Feeding - 5 medium sized crickets everyday. 2-3 meal worms a day. And sweet potato, cucumber or carrot (he actually eats them everyday) Crickets are fed ~2 hours after he wakes up. Crickets are gutloaded with veggies and fruits an calcium.
-Supplements - Exo-terra calcium with D3, for regular calcium we use egg shells and for now we have no multivitamins because we can't get them right now, but as he eats veggies he get's some vitamins. Calcium everyday, calcium with D3 once a week.
-Watering - We mist it 3-4 times a day with a regular spray bottle. We have seen him drinking from leaves and from water bowl.
-Fecal Description - poo is dark brown. And yellowish something(don't know what it is..probably poo too?) We haven't tested him yet. As soon it gets warmer we will take him to a vet.
-History - He shed his skin last week.
Also additional info - We feed him in another cage as we don't want the crickets go running around our room, because we leave the terrarium doors open when we are there.

Cage Info:

-Cage Type - Glass cage 40x40x80.
-Lighting - Exo-Terra compact bulbs 0.2 and 0.5. and basking bulb. lights are on on 9:30 and go off on 10:30 in the evening
-Temperature - Basking ~30C and cooling 21C
Lowest overnight temp-Haven't checked... Mesure with Exo-Terra electronic thermometer and hydromether.
Humidity - This probably is the problem. Since we got a bigger terrarium we can't maintain a normal humidity and it's usually around 26% . Today we but a dripping system and it got bigger, but I can't tell what it is now, since I'm not at home now.
-Plants - Ficus plant
-Placement - In room and there are no disturbances of any kind. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? - ~150 cm
-Location - Europe, Latvia

Current Problem - It appeared to us that he has sunken eyes. We think it is because of dehydration(because of the low humidity) - is that possible?
And also he doesn't eat. Yesterday he didn't want any crickets. He ran to us only for worms. But today he didn't want worms or crickets and the sunken eyes showed today. Also he seemed to be stressed because crickets were running ON HIM. When we took him out of the feeding cage he was all pale and with no grip strength and was closing his eyes.
I'm currently at work, but as soon as I get home I will post some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom