Male veiled can't extend tongue at all

No, I viewed the other thread to remind me... Did the vet run a fecal, bloodwork, xray? Anything to try to see what exactly is going on internally with him?
No, she did not. There is another vet in the next town over who is better but she has been totally booked this week (drawback of living in a small mountain town)...I'll try to see if we can get in soon.

No, she did not. There is another vet in the next town over who is better but she has been totally booked this week (drawback of living in a small mountain town)...I'll try to see if we can get in soon.
I mean honestly you need a thorough real exam with tests... You can not just guess when it comes to internal stuff. Anything could be going on. But without knowing the exact cause you can not treat it. When they get older like this their renal system can start to fail. This is one of those things that you also can not know unless bloodwork is run.

You really need to see a good chameleon vet asap to find out what’s going on.

In the meantime, you could try to give him some of this bug juice to keep him strong until you can get to the vet.…
https://www.adcham.com/html/husbandry/bug-juice.html
Ease it into his mouth a little at a time being careful to get it back far enough in his mouth that it doesn’t go into his lungs.
You really need to see a good chameleon vet asap to find out what’s going on.

In the meantime, you could try to give him some of this bug juice to keep him strong until you can get to the vet.…
https://www.adcham.com/html/husbandry/bug-juice.html
Ease it into his mouth a little at a time being careful to get it back far enough in his mouth that it doesn’t go into his lungs.
I know, tried again to see if vet could see him sooner - not even in the office until Thursday. I'll try to get the but juice - thanks for the tip.

Found a reptile vet in New Mexico and got there this afternoon. Edgar did ok but it had to stress him (7 hours round trip). Vet felt he is very dehydrated, bones "not too bad." She was able to draw blood and I left with a kit to collect and send out fecal sample for testing. He's exceedingly weak. Keep your fingers crossed for my guy.

Back
Top Bottom