You know your addicted and have it real bad when...

... you spend more one your chams in a month than you do on groceries to feed your family of four
...you bump into a friend or family member you haven't seen in a while and they ask how your little ones are , you assume they mean your pygmy chams. Then excitedly tell them how they have moved up to eating bigger crickets, their urates look great, and there are no parasites in their poo. Then they have to ask why your feeding your children crickets, because they are confused and concerned!

when you find your cham grinding up your vitamins and shaking them in a ziplock bag with your apple jacks...

When you have Umpteen of them and love them all like your children. You keep the lights off in the morning as to not wake them too early and get dressed in the dark. :D :D :D

I really do love all my chams!

Your stuck at work late and you txt someone to go check on him, you spend more time building his cage then it took to to graduate college hahah not that long but long enough!

When you get foot, ankle, and knee surgery all at the same time with bones getting sawwed out and cartlage plugs removed, and tendons cut. You still got up everyday to care for the cham and hurrying while your foot turns black from not being raised up

When you get foot, ankle, and knee surgery all at the same time with bones getting sawwed out and cartlage plugs removed, and tendons cut. You still got up everyday to care for the cham and hurrying while your foot turns black from not being raised up

Hey let's be careful there, we want you to be around to care for your chameleons for a good long while.

Hey let's be careful there, we want you to be around to care for your chameleons for a good long while.

I know. But I want my chams to be around for a good long while too. It was only about a week that it'd turn black after the surgery I think due to circulation/ clotting but who knows lol. Its better now aside from the scars and crackyness:)

I know. But I want my chams to be around for a good long while too. It was only about a week that it'd turn black after the surgery I think due to circulation/ clotting but who knows lol. Its better now aside from the scars and crackyness:)

Ok but it still sounds scary to me. How long ago did you have surgery? Where is the town you live located? I went to collage at Iowa State a million years ago, but I always remember Ames as beautiful except for all the snow.

Last december right around christmas so 5-6 months ago. And pretty much by dubuque its a few hours away from ames where iowa state is. Ya I don't know what's up with the snow in iowa, this last winter we had some 20 foot snow drifts. Actually lost a cham from power outage in a blizzard :(

When you stand outside for extended periods of time spraying your chameleon, waiting for carpal tunnel to set in to make sure they don't overheat!:D

When, as a man, you have a GENUINE excuse why your right forearm is MASSIVE (its all the spraying and misting!!!)

omg! I was saying that the other day lol! I'm thinking its time to switch hands so the left one works up to how the right is, otherwise it may raise some suspicions:eek:

When your deceased chams go into a Pet Semetary (As in S. Kings book), not Cemetery, because you hope you've stumbled across an old indian burial ground and you might get the chance to re-animate them

When my fiance texts me before 7 am to let me know that he is bring me new feeders home for Ziggy! Or that he is letting me turn our extra room in to the Chameleons room! :) He loves me so much!

Back
Top Bottom