You can call him Sammy

deadhd5

Avid Member
Well, after trekking across the great state of Ohio yesterday, little Samuel L Jackson is settling in.

I would like to thank forum member Cheryl (little leaf) for giving me this adorable little guy, I love him already. Seeing Reggie's (my recently deceased adult male Jackson) cage empty was really sad, as it was a daily reminder of his absence, but I couldn't bring myself to go out and buy a random replacement... When Cheryl told me this little guy needed a new home because he was being bullied by his sister and brothers I knew it was meant to be :) It was such a pleasure meeting Cheryl and her family yesterday, both human and animal.. Olive was looking ready to give Sammy some new siblings and had the strongest grip of any cham I have held!!!

Here is Sammy looking a little overwhelmed by his big new home yesterday when he arrived home. That is a pothos vine, so you can see how little he is :D

NX1000

So far today he has eaten two baby dubia nymphs, two baby silkworms, and three baby snails. Here is a pic of him going in for the kill on a little snail! He was all over the baby snails, and I am so glad because they gutload like crazy and I have an unlimited supply!

NX1000

More adorable pics to come in the coming weeks / months!

Last edited:
Congrats Eric! I am so happy for you. Little Sammy is absolutely adorable. I love that shot of him eating the snail.

Thanks Jann and Sang :) The hardest part is trying to let him be so he can settle in. I just want to look at him, and when I look at him, I just want to take a picture!

A couple more....

NX1000

NX1000

Oh my goodness! What an adorable little guy - I love his name too! Reminds me of when my Monty was little! How old is he? You should take a pic of him on the same date every month during his first year like I did with Monty! Its wonderful to look back and see how they develop! :D

Oh my goodness! What an adorable little guy - I love his name too! Reminds me of when my Monty was little! How old is he? You should take a pic of him on the same date every month during his first year like I did with Monty! Its wonderful to look back and see how they develop! :D

Thanks Tiff! You know I think of Monty when I picture him as an adult :) He is four months old.. His birthday is documented here :)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/baby-baby-omg-olive-mommy-106548/

Great idea on the monthly pictures.. these guys change so much during the first year, it is incredible. I just entered the monthly task into my phone; I will post the updates on this thread!

Last edited:
you are so welcome- I am so glad to have him in a great home :D He is supper friendly, as I told you - they all eat like little dragons - lol I love his little snail pic I can not wait to see how he grows =) I bet he just loves his new cage. Glad you had a safe trip back, and it was so nice to meet you too :) stop in anytime you guys are in the area -sorry Olive tore ya up a bit- lol - she is just a brute :eek: , she will never slip off of your hand, that's for sure :p

He looks like a tiny little triceratops made out of rock. He's too cute! I'm so glad you were able to give him a home :)

I didn't realize how much he has growth until I took him out of his cage and held him for the picture. He has almost doubled in length from a month ago :) I am looking forward to seeing some greens soon, and although I will miss the sweet little horn nubs, I can't wait to see him full on triceratops :D

:D he is realllllly getting nice little horns , and I see he still has his reds :) he looks just great ! I had no doubts he would do just wonderful in your care
how is his little tail issue ? does he even still have it? I think he will out grow his little crinkle :)
I am so happy you took him Eric - THANKS for being such a GREAT Daddy to him :D

:D he is realllllly getting nice little horns , and I see he still has his reds :) he looks just great ! I had no doubts he would do just wonderful in your care
how is his little tail issue ? does he even still have it? I think he will out grow his little crinkle :)
I am so happy you took him Eric - THANKS for being such a GREAT Daddy to him :D

Thanks Cheryl :)

Yes, he still shows signs of the tail crinkle but he always hides it for pictures! I think he is a little self conscious about it. It appears to be becoming less prominent as he grows though and only affect the last little bit of the tail. I actually think its rather cute :) I will try to get a better shot of the tail next month!

Back
Top Bottom