Yay first timer gets to egg laying.

Grim Crow

First time cham owner here, might have seen a few of my posts back about moving from georgia to texas, and then also purchasing a real nice cham cage.

Anyway, my female veiled laying eggs for the first time (infertile). Was a bit worried since according to the petstore she was born in Jan, and is just now laying. She was pretty big for a while, and thought was gonna need to do the surgery, but yesterday afternoon she started diggin in the flowerpot with cleaned playsand I had placed in her cage about 4 months ago. Thank you cham forums for all the good advice in helping this first time owner get this far without any hitches.

What has worked for me:
Custom cage, 4 feet high, 3 feet wide, 18 inches deep. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/img20110720185424hz.jpg/
2x reptisun 10.0
2x 60w basking lamps
mistking, single mister, twice a day for 5 minutes at a time (live in dry climate)
calcium supplement w/ and w/o d3
herptivite multivitamin
feeders: crickets/superworms
crickets are fed only chamelot chameleons king cricket feast, i decided not to feed the crickets fresh vegies for fear of them rotting and what not, the dry feed that i get from chamelot seems to work great, gives the crickets color, they grow fast and it smells fresh.

i also take her outside about once a week for a couple hours, and let her hang out in my quince tree.
Actually there was one hiccup, i had positioned one of the vines a little too close to the basking lamp and she hung out there for a very long time and i noticed a small patch of discoloration, so i moved the branch down and no more probs. also she seems to be getting her color back in that spot.

Well I hope the hard part is over heh. Thanx again for all the advice.
Happy Thanksgiving,
-Gabe

p.s also when i moved from georgia to texas, i did it in 2 days, kept the cham in a small reptibreeze screen cage. everytime we stopped i would take her out in the sun for 30minutes to an hour. when we got to texas she was hiding and black in color, but the move was done, and she could be happy in her new big cage.

Last edited:
Awesome cage!
I'm glad she's doing alright. Make sure to extra supplement with calcium for a few days to compensate for the drain of making eggs.

Congratulations and now you have hands on experience that may help another. And that's what its about.
Im glad she is doing well
Happy Thanksgiving, anne

Back
Top Bottom