Yawning

Rango3d

Avid Member
Do you ever see chams yawn? I have paid attention when my wake up and go to sleep, and they seem to yawn for both. No other time do they open their mouths. Is it possible? Or are they stretching?

They actually do 'yawn' occasionally! Sometimes they do seem to be stretching their jaw and I've heard of others saying that they observe them doing it to help stretch their skin during a shed. However, it could also be a sign of something bad such as a respiratory infection if the yawn is really an attempt to clear the throat and this can be sort of gag like and more violent then their normal 'yawn'. :eek:

I know it's not a breathing problem cause it's rare when then do it. And when they do, it really looks like a yawn. They open their moth a bit and then it goes wide open and closed. Like 5 secs. Again rare when they do it.
I just wasn't sure if it was a yawn or stretch.
Thanks all for the info.

You need this set up:

Smartphone with Netflix.

Hook it up inside the cage, hopefully you can access it remotely so you don't have to keep bugging the cham. Start showing episodes from an animal related show on the Discovery channel a few hours in the morning and evening before the lights go out and the yawning problem will go away.

Don't look at me that way! We have wireless access in every room and dammed if the Herp room doesn't have a screen too. :D

Humor aside, nearly every animal yawns

Back
Top Bottom