Wurma has a hematoma behind the eye...

The waxworms i ordered were so tiny, I cant feed em off yet ... I just drove to the petstore to buy bigger ones.

Right after feeding I saw wurma shoot and eat a waxworm, gave him a few more dusted in miner-all... Not the best of food but right now I'm just happy he takes food at all, especially since he started to lose weight (or, the vet scale differs from mine).

Yay! :D
Well done Wurma and credit to you too Remko! :LOL:
Great news he ate.
yea, he even moved to find more, I was happy to provide... He doesnt want to eat with me in the room anymore, guess that's the price I pay for medicating him so i have to peak around the corner.
Gonna leave him alone for now... Before lights out 1 more time eyedrops and he's done for the day.

So, I decided to mail the vet that's probably the most knowlegable vetenarian in my country when it comes to reptiles... She basically confirmed the current medicine is correct and suggested I apply more frequent to see if it will help, also do it for atleast 14 instead of 10 days.

I do feel wurma has slightly improved today as he moved around some and his eyes are open more often aswell.

y4mpqI8Lsz7vIPGJf-2-JlR2oI7dnnxuRpaJMyjmsZhS3XUKhd6RGKjSCHSisJjFetmzdWfOYuR7nLbPbp7BscupP4Fnc7NI4IbOH-5Q0Y-4txxx5nlCayDFlmAmx6LaOsehxwwlA7LR7rjnN6vT7QNK4qljuHX3BuqQuDBU-a8vnZt5EOrSj33mcgPOklR3AyDX9r5uA5wtCMi6OUk0IjCnQ

Still looking strong as an ox!

I figured I could just feed wurma with them thongs ... I decided to try and feed him while i was spraying him when he started drinking. This seemed to go well, as they cant really spit things out I cant say if he liked it..
I got 2 waxworms and 3 crickets in Wurma.
I don't know if it's a recommended approach but it seemed like stressfree to me, I may do it again in a few days but atleast he got some extra energy in him for now.

Well today is not so good, swelling seems to have gotten bigger... Either it grows/fills when he hydrates (strange?) or possibly it's because of rubbing his eye on the branch...

y4mEnpzwhdTN3t5TZtnI6IgzRNNcQtuOyUcw5hw64r1BQA8dPWoV6RbilVXF-k0PIAGi9Q29O_lazfVOVK_SYdZkTkRfpqyqf6tBdGQ9wkKd1hD-LmbEkHjDr73zw9otn7QtEJfPR_DRRbV0y1X59ovPihwQgSQkkZSitggi69uBqLqpIHopo_reFEIV9SoGiVc69Nhy-ouHNnYn2eQnZ5kBw

I'm very tempted to make that appointment for surgery. :(

It sucks, looked like we were beating it for a while there.:(

Oh no, oh I’m so sorry to hear that, poor little guy, I’m sure you will make the best decision for possible surgery even though it will be hard, very best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom