Wurma has a hematoma behind the eye...

Wurma today, seems to have traveled to his baskingspot today. I think he's happy about the no more meds. Now let's hope I'm right.

y4mGsJ71UgKq6LWib4QX9Pm-IPdEPh7lcj392w0mN4Zm32wpK8yDcIKoTcyGAzJajHOgQLNX_SKX6AUd87L_Zd7l4xzQas4j8ouhnQaMxbWb9YvmDrusvnpxbjSTP3tp5_bOI7q1qzidshntKhaKCg0ueW7dat-6d_96xLemt4DEWMbB_JIFcj4qd-ZFOJwBhwUeOkDKk-C99Q0smNuTrEg7w
Wurma look amazing so HANDSOME !!. What an improvement with his eye . Well done :D .

Wurma look amazing so HANDSOME !!. What an improvement with his eye . Well done :D .
I'm still confused and amazed by this...
1 day he's fine, the next he has a fat eye, then for weeks no change, then it slims down, swells back up ome day to another and now it seems to go the right way pretty fast.
Who knows what will happen tomorrow. o_O

This is bad... Wurma's eyes don't seem to cooperate anymore making him aim in tje wrong spot, it also caused him to have problems climbing...

I'll be making that vet appointment now...:(

Oh no! Oh Remko, I’m really sorry after you thought he was doing o.k.
Fingers crossed for a quick appointment and best of luck.
Oh.. That appointment??
You mean a check up.

Oh no! Oh Remko, I’m really sorry after you thought he was doing o.k.
Fingers crossed for a quick appointment and best of luck.
Oh.. That appointment??
You mean a check up.
Got an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.
I've fed him some crickets and waxworms by hand while misting.

My hopes are that he just can't look straight forward because of the swelling and there isn't something like a tumor wrecking things, he seems to see fine with both eyes otherwise.
It's for the vet to decide.

I hope it's easily correct by surgery. And just something simple. I am so sorry sweetie. I know you definitely love him.

I hope it's easily correct by surgery. And just something simple. I am so sorry sweetie. I know you definitely love him.
I will have to see what the vet said, the welling seemed smaller again today like more wrinkled skin so maybe we can just see how it goes and hopefully he will be able to hunt again if he can move his eye forward again... But I actually fear the other vet damaged the nerves and/or muscles by draining the wound which cause the 'malfunction'.

I kinda need something to happen soon too, I'll be going on holiday in 1.5 week and it would reassure me to know Wurma is ok.
Don't get me wrong, my mom is great at caring for my animals, but I don't want to burden her with extra work and if somethi g happens I want to be there right with him.

Anyways, I'm still hopefhul he'll end up ok, 1 eye or both... He has become more active so maybe its a good sign.

Best of luck for today’s appointment, I’m sure we will all be thinking of you and hoping it going well, I’d pop in and check on Wurma when you are your hols but it’s a bit of long journey but I would if I could. Hopefully today you’ll get a good idea of the way forward.
Good luck Wurma!!

Best of luck for today’s appointment, I’m sure we will all be thinking of you and hoping it going well, I’d pop in and check on Wurma when you are your hols but it’s a bit of long journey but I would if I could. Hopefully today you’ll get a good idea of the way forward.
Good luck Wurma!!
That's OK, my mother has been substitute taking care for my animals as long as I own 'em, she isn't that scared of feeders either so she would even do the feeding. I trust her care and judgement completely and should not be worried... Still I'd rather do it all myself :)

I'm sure we'll meet up oneday, maybe on the expo in Houten hunting for more chameleons, or that Tegu I want in the future... (y)

I'm glad I could arrange with work that I can go home early, there was some 'jump start' meeting scheduled that 'required' my presence, it's a 3 day 'hop on hop off' kind of thing so I'm sure I can miss a few hours. Besides this was the only option left for this week and family (pets included) go before work!

Comming monday morning I'll have to bring him and they will operate on his eye. I can collect him in the late afternoon so I will spend the time I have in between to hunt for that leak i have in the enclosure.
Should be enough time for epoxy to harden sufficiently so its no longer toxic and sticky.

Comming monday morning I'll have to bring him and they will operate on his eye. I can collect him in the late afternoon so I will spend the time I have in between to hunt for that leak i have in the enclosure.
Should be enough time for epoxy to harden sufficiently so its no longer toxic and sticky.
Positive thoughts headed your way.

Hi Remko, hows Wurma at the moment?
That’s very good news that your mum does such a good job looking after them, my mother can look at the Chameleons but she’d never touch one!:LOL:
Yes I’d love to go to Houten or Hamm, it would be such fun, can’t see it happening because of getting there although there’s a few people here that organise mini buses and sell seats occasionally.
Such temptation with all those things to buy though.

Hope Wurma is holding on there and Monday will sort things.

Wurma is hanging on...
I got the camera to monitor him but i don't have the right adapter so i have to figure something out ... :cautious:

I don't often go to the expo, only when I need something, temptation is to great and I only have so much space.

Oh, the camera will be a great help and interesting,
That’s good news he’s still hanging on, bless him.
I think I would want to buy and buy at a show, which wouldn’t be right but gosh it would be fun to see, such shows have been all but closed here in the u.k. but nothing as big and Houten or Hamm.

Tomorrow morning Wurma will go for surgery, I'm not looking forward to it because I have my concers on him not comming back from narcosis (and then there's the bill obviously). I am convinced it's something that will not go on it's owm or with help op medication so this just has to happen.

Caring so intimately for my boy over the past ~2 months has made my already special boy extra special to me ... Whatever happens next I'm so happy I could give my little friend a room with a view that he clearly enjoys and deserves.

"It's raining, I wish I was out there"
y4mC__Pbb0o6VJveYe9FJiT0hF27T_8GhQAJ2GnNWmkdfDDM11197H_2zwUK50keGs4jCoqi_eDaiMbovSlAaCVAofUtrRizLBXUjMCY6RTzh0wQGQ1zOKM2gjmEV_0STFn2c_3WhwIYw83icRiFN2x4YAGh9BGTJzlkYiHk9xjPq6VM2oachGfmCibgQuVdDPHYgpdWC42PtrMNav64510xQ

All I need now is a sticker with "Beware of the Jacksonii"
y4mQTbFFB5YaoW-kDRaMrWEp-8nohFv_Ktqg-dhDO3R3btJ470eOD0JM1Mg_unu2coBDDAEghMr40Pl_qrwCM4I161wdwYEX-OX8pJRcUusolNJco9SzLIhOddkWzfztCMJBHPuK97lVA7-vbxw9TJfLpQ_mCdu8fQXvKNtpxkikAaA9Z_4X_DxIcRQSEpECIRo2B3FUgCgDmW4zVlCRk4MbQ

Tomorrow morning Wurma will go for surgery, I'm not looking forward to it because I have my concers on him not comming back from narcosis (and then there's the bill obviously). I am convinced it's something that will not go on it's owm or with help op medication so this just has to happen.

Caring so intimately for my boy over the past ~2 months has made my already special boy extra special to me ... Whatever happens next I'm so happy I could give my little friend a room with a view that he clearly enjoys and deserves.

"It's raining, I wish I was out there"
y4mC__Pbb0o6VJveYe9FJiT0hF27T_8GhQAJ2GnNWmkdfDDM11197H_2zwUK50keGs4jCoqi_eDaiMbovSlAaCVAofUtrRizLBXUjMCY6RTzh0wQGQ1zOKM2gjmEV_0STFn2c_3WhwIYw83icRiFN2x4YAGh9BGTJzlkYiHk9xjPq6VM2oachGfmCibgQuVdDPHYgpdWC42PtrMNav64510xQ

All I need now is a sticker with "Beware of the Jacksonii"
y4mQTbFFB5YaoW-kDRaMrWEp-8nohFv_Ktqg-dhDO3R3btJ470eOD0JM1Mg_unu2coBDDAEghMr40Pl_qrwCM4I161wdwYEX-OX8pJRcUusolNJco9SzLIhOddkWzfztCMJBHPuK97lVA7-vbxw9TJfLpQ_mCdu8fQXvKNtpxkikAaA9Z_4X_DxIcRQSEpECIRo2B3FUgCgDmW4zVlCRk4MbQ
Remkon I know exactly how you feel :love: . Frances is so special to me . I love that little girl soooooooooo much . Yup she’s Just a veiled chameleon Some would says but not to me . I get exactly how you feel :D .

Wurma has had such amazing care . He looks Healthy , strong , and Happy . I pray he does really well tomorrow and gets to enjoy his condo for a long long time to come . Please keep us posted tomorrow with how all go’s :love: .

Wishing you and Wurma the very best of luck for tomorrow, I will check in a 100 times to see if there’s any news,
What a sweet little picture of him looking at, he’s the luckiest little boy around and has the best care for sure and a wonderful new house.
Fingers are crossed.

Remkon I know exactly how you feel :love: . Frances is so special to me . I love that little girl soooooooooo much . Yup she’s Just a veiled chameleon Some would says but not to me . I get exactly how you feel :D .

Wurma has had such amazing care . He looks Healthy , strong , and Happy . I pray he does really well tomorrow and gets to enjoy his condo for a long long time to come . Please keep us posted tomorrow with how all go’s :love: .
Thanks.

I'm really happy I thought of feeding him during misting, I'm certain this helped him a lot.

I will keep you posted, I hope good news.

Back
Top Bottom