Wurma has a hematoma behind the eye...

Wishing you and Wurma the very best of luck for tomorrow, I will check in a 100 times to see if there’s any news,
What a sweet little picture of him looking at, he’s the luckiest little boy around and has the best care for sure and a wonderful new house.
Fingers are crossed.
The shed was the greatest decision ever!
Even with the 'startup problems' I'm having which I'm confident of will be solved sooner rather than later.

I will post as soon as I have news!
It better be good news too.

I’m so pleased you have the shed too, knowing how much pleasure mine give me so it’s great, exciting possibilities and future developments, and with luck this summer, a deck chair and a bottle of beer and Wurma sitting enjoying a bit of sun with you.

I just got word from the vet, there is a swelling behind the eye which is probably a tumor.
While the tumor could technically be removed he would lose the eye and the chances of him recovering would be very slim.

Together with the vet I decided to not have Wurma wake up from his narcosis and make an not further extend his suffering.

I will miss him so much...

Oh Remko, I’m so sorry, I’m heartbroken, I can hardly write with the tears in my eyes, but I’m so very sorry but you were the best dad he could of had and you did everything you could. You couldn’t of done more and he had a happy stress free and good life.
My deepest sympathies to you.
R.I.P Little Wurma.

Oh sweetie.... I don't even know what to say... other than I am so so sorry, but your decision was ultimately in his best interest. I know you will miss him we all will. He was an amazing little guy. My heart goes out to you and hopes that your grieving period isn't too harsh. But please allow yourself to grieve I have found with certain individuals like Wurma, it is very important. Much love <3 I am here if you need to talk.

Such sad, sad news. I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious boy. My heart hurts for you. Know that you did everything that you could for him.
Sleep tight sweet little man.

I just got word from the vet, there is a swelling behind the eye which is probably a tumor.
While the tumor could technically be removed he would lose the eye and the chances of him recovering would be very slim.

Together with the vet I decided to not have Wurma wake up from his narcosis and make an not further extend his suffering.

I will miss him so much...
I’m so very sorry to hear this news Remko . You were the best dad to Wurma , Wurma had amazing care , And a wonderful life . I know a very hard choice hurts the heart . watching him suffer would have been much harder . It was the right Choice . RIP Wurma may you fly hi in the Sky :love: .

Thanks all...
I'm not sure how I want to process this... Part of me wants to get right back on the horse but l will probably take some time and when I'm back from holiday I will see what's next, shedproject will have to go on and thanks to @Twitchet I have an awesome painting of Wurma that will get a good spot in there as a memorial.

I decided to move Robi inside so I can take a bit more time and properly seal that leak... Maybe I'll even give him that room with the view.

I definitely agree with taking some time. Sometimes getting back on the horse right away isn't good. Remember to breathe and remember him well. I didn't feel done with Hope's passing until I got her cremated and was able to put a tiny pinch of her ashes by my favorite tree on a hiking trail. Then I was able to move on. So maybe doing something similar would help.

Thank you Remko, I’m very pleased it might be of some comfort to you.
My thoughts are with you.
You will proceed as and when, you will know what feels right and you have Robi to help you through such a difficult time. X

We buried him infront of his window...
Figured it would be a good spot, not that I usually care much for symbolic things but he seemed to like it there in his last few weeks.
Glad he atleast got to enjoy his new enclosure for a short time, the shed project probably wouldn't have been started without him.

That’s a lovely thing to of done, it’s very sad but that’s the perfect resting place by his window, I hope maybe you can plant something there and it will grow and remind you of him everyday and how special he was.
Wurma was a one in a million little person.

Back
Top Bottom