Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer.

A little off topic, but where in your cage do you put the govee's to get the most accurate basking /ambient temps? Did you attach it directly to the basking branch?

I just stashed it in the background. The temp is a tad higher, right below the light, but thats surface temp not air temp.

The same advice is given with thermostats for basking. You want the probe a few inches off from the light, otherwise the thermostats probes tempature is raised by the light beaming on it.

Which is why I have never understood the use of laser temp guns for reptiles. That is a completely different tempature than that of the air. Your measuring the woods ability to retain the heat, not the temperature of the air. At the end of the day, the IR rays are going to inject more heat than air temp, but that would happen in nature as well.

So this is interesting.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...WMAF6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw1RU4s0mi1Ds4QL9bVqxqy6

That says if your not using an insulated cup, your not going to read 32, unless the glass is being stirred while the measurement is taken.

Their getting 36-37 in a cup, not 32.

So I am going to meet that in the middle, and do 36.5, which falls in line with the middle of the 2 I am testing.

View attachment 263512
Yeah I’m also iffy about the ice water test results. I had my A/C set to 71 last night and after calibrating as low as I could after my ice bath test yesterday, the Govee read 68 in my house this morning so I bumped it back up to factory calibration. I’ll compare with an actual thermometer soon.

I just stashed it in the background. The temp is a tad higher, right below the light, but thats surface temp not air temp.
Hows it going still? Also, would you mind posting a picture of your placement in your enclosure. Im getting two soon and would love to see some examples. Thanks in advance!! :)

Hows it going still? Also, would you mind posting a picture of your placement in your enclosure. Im getting two soon and would love to see some examples. Thanks in advance!! :)

Also another bump on how things are going. My non smart one just died and cost $20 for the base and remote station. It now either freezes (says its 82f, when its 50 out at night) or just shows random digits. I dont think the humidity is FF, but im not 100%.

So I just read this whole post and just curious if after a year of use if you would still recommend the Govee
or another wireless hygrometer? I am still new to his and need to get one of these for my new enclosure I built. Thanks

So I just read this whole post and just curious if after a year of use if you would still recommend the Govee
or another wireless hygrometer? I am still new to his and need to get one of these for my new enclosure I built. Thanks
I know it's not a year but I've had it a few months and think it's great. Thinking of ordering a 2nd one to have ready for when I pull the trigger on a 2nd panther 🤔

I just purchased a pair of the H5075 model and really like them. I added one towards the top/front and the other in back/bottom. I love the ability to track data in minute intervals directly from the phone app, so doesn't even matter that the bottom one is placed behind plants out of view. So far, they're working great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0872X4H4J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P.S. Just noticed a price drop on Amazon to $16.99.

Running 6. All great, and yes they get wet .

So with this can you have the same hygrometer hooked up to 2 devices? My wife and I would both like to keep track on it?

I have a pair of the Govee Bluetooth hygrometers in my DS atrium and one outside in a greenhouse. They all work well, but I wish I had invested in a WiFi based system instead.

Back
Top Bottom