Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer.

I like it, just bought 3 more actually for other Vivs.

Especially now, that I am getting ready to get into Satanic Leaf Tail geckos, where high temps and too low of humidity is fatal, I need the alarms and such that govee offers more than ever! A hub to get it on wifi would be nice though!

Last edited:
It has been close to a month. I love them at this point. Best way to actually see what is going on. Doesn't really matter if it is perfectly accurate, as long as consistent. It is still better than most that are sold for our reptiles. If I had to replace on every six months I don't think it would bother me too much. I would almost say, not this brand necessarily, but something like it is almost essential for the price.

The reviews that said they stopped working after a day or week were the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Thanks for the input everyone.

The reviews that said they stopped working after a day or week were the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Thanks for the input everyone.

Hasn't happened to me.

They use the same board/sensor as the "SensorPush" which cost more. Even if they did stop working in a day, Amazon has got your back.

Also, I have sprayed these things a few times with mist by mistake, put them in bad spots mister soaked them, no I'll effects other than 95% humidity readings for a time. Just a FYI as it was broguth up, the hole is VERY small, but if wanted you could put a very fine mesh over the hole too, and ensure 100% splashing won't cause issues.

I bought one and it worked so well that I bought three more. I've not had problems with them. I make sure they're in a place that doesn't get directly misted. I agree with what another member said before this post, that it's a really good way to know what's going on at night. Amazon has a 30 day return policy, so if you order and it breaks you can just get refunded.

Little silicone seal that hole up real nice haha

The hole is how it measures lol, you cant cover it.

In my experience though again, the hole is small enough that water does not just flow in, even when sprayed so it would have to be submerged to be an issue. THAT DOES NOT MEAN SPRAY IT! Just saying, if you like me are testing different "Zones" and leave it somewhere, and forget and it gets sprayed, it didnt effect mine.

The shell comes apart very easy, just a snap back. So thats good to take it apart and paint/Cocofiber the unit and put it back, to hide it in the viv easier. I plan to do that soon.

The one in my panther viv, I just blocked with a small piece of cork, which the cham decided is now his favorite piece of cork :ROFLMAO: . I only put 1 screw in there, so he keeps twisting it down, exposing the sensor to get misted :(.

I'm not saying to do it, but I sprayed both of mine directly...... Even before I rehomed my Reptilians, i checked them out to make sure the batteries were not corroding. Everything seem fine. I used them for about a month and I Loved them.

My first one didn’t work. Amazon exchanged it and I’m loving it now. It’s a Game changer for us. Even if it’s not perfect, it’s still miles ahead of the alternative.

I just picked one up based on the recommendations here, but I’m sceptical on the calibration as well after a few hours of checking different areas. Found this video on calibrating the temperature and humidity on the SensorPush so I thought I would share. I’ll attempt and report back how close the factory settings were.

After doing the ice water calibration in the video I linked, the lowest I could get my Govee to read was 35.96 degrees. The Govee only allows for a 2.9 degree calibration adjustment which would still bring me in a little over 32 degrees. I’d be interested to see how some of yours stack up. I’m going to try and find someone with a thermometer I can compare readings to as well. Otherwise I’ll be exchanging with Amazon.
C63A6648-AE12-40AC-8032-8A120B9CFE99.jpeg

After doing the ice water calibration in the video I linked, the lowest I could get my Govee to read was 35.96 degrees. The Govee only allows for a 2.9 degree calibration adjustment which would still bring me in a little over 32 degrees. I’d be interested to see how some of yours stack up. I’m going to try and find someone with a thermometer I can compare readings to as well. Otherwise I’ll be exchanging with Amazon.View attachment 263499

Why did it go back up? Did you take it out of the water at that time?

I will likely be picking up some Sensor Pushes, as I find myself in need of a feature they offer.

HOWEVER, from what I have put together, they are using the same exact board as the Govee, the difference is in software, and Sensor Push offers the Wifi Hub. Sensor Push, is the only one that allows unlimited sensors to their Hub, as well and that cloud service is what your paying for I would bet.

Why did it go back up? Did you take it out of the water at that time?
Yeah. The test said to do it for 30 minutes, but I was still seeing downward movement after that so I went about an hour. It flatlined for the most part between 36-37 degrees. I added some more ice and stirred it around some more and got it down just a smidge more before I aborted.

Yeah. The test said to do it for 30 minutes, but I was still seeing downward movement after that so I went about an hour. It flatlined for the most part between 36-37 degrees. I added some more ice and stirred it around some more and got it down just a smidge more before I aborted.

Ya that video wasn't very detailed, I just found this on a forum about cooking thermometers.

https://www.thermoworks.com/thermapen101_creating_an_icebath

They are using crushed ice, I dont have Crushed ice :( but trying it anyway, I do have cubes against the Govees sensor though.

After doing the ice water calibration in the video I linked, the lowest I could get my Govee to read was 35.96 degrees. The Govee only allows for a 2.9 degree calibration adjustment which would still bring me in a little over 32 degrees. I’d be interested to see how some of yours stack up. I’m going to try and find someone with a thermometer I can compare readings to as well. Otherwise I’ll be exchanging with Amazon.View attachment 263499

I have not tried to calibrate mine, but I think I will just too see.
However I have a temp gun, and the Govee is about 3 degrees higher. For what it’s worth.
For me this is not an issue. As long as it is consistent, that is what matters.

I'm doing 2 atm.

They are completely submerged, in the ice bath, and water line is 1/2"below the ice.

20200413_214159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom