Thermometer / Hydrometer set I found that I want to share

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello everyone,

I found a set of water resistant, wireless, bluetooth thermometer/hygrometer sensors on on Amazon. These are supposed to be extremely accurate. They take AAA batteries (included!) and the battery life should be about 2 years. It has an app to download so you can keep track of temps, humidity, etc. And what's really neat is, it'll save some data, so it will let you keep track of the temps/humidity while you're sleeping/away. They're not WIFI, they're bluetooth. So you have to be close to them to see their data / download the saved data. They're pretty small, and they come with lanyards which are super convenient with hanging them in your enclosure. I shared a couple screenshots so you can see what the app looks like. Please do not pay attention to the temp/humidity you're seeing in my screenshots. It takes the sensors about an hour to achieve their accuracy initially, and my chameleon isn't even here yet :) (he will be here next Wednesday!). Also, I set up the misting system tonight, so everything is probably wacky in there, because I had to run the water of course, to test the system. I just wanted to share this with you all because I see some people use similar things, but they're not water resistant. I will of course be cross referencing the numbers with others until I see they're truly accurate, but from what I see they are very accurate.

I bought a package of 3 sensors, and I placed one on the basking area, one in the very center of the enclosure, and one lower on the opposite end from the basking area. I may get another 3 pack down the road just because, if these turn out to work well. So far so good!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVZC9Q31?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230719_191330_SwitchBot.jpg
    Screenshot_20230719_191330_SwitchBot.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20230719_191445_SwitchBot.jpg
    Screenshot_20230719_191445_SwitchBot.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 39
Just watch the water on them... I have similar ones made by Govee and they claim to be waterproof as well. They are fine as long as they are not in a direct spray path. So I have them running along the outside wall from bottom to top branch.

Just watch the water on them... I have similar ones made by Govee and they claim to be waterproof as well. They are fine as long as they are not in a direct spray path. So I have them running along the outside wall from bottom to top branch.
Thank you! I am skeptical but I opened them up and they look like they're sealed pretty well. I figured the price they are, they're worth a shot so we'll see. The spots they're in are pretty good I think as far as being away from being directly sprayed. Well, except the "center" one. But I want one there so it is what it is. I'm hoping it holds up, but if it doesn't then I already know what I will do there for a replacement :) I'll have some pics up of the setup soon!

Thank you! I am skeptical but I opened them up and they look like they're sealed pretty well. I figured the price they are, they're worth a shot so we'll see. The spots they're in are pretty good I think as far as being away from being directly sprayed. Well, except the "center" one. But I want one there so it is what it is. I'm hoping it holds up, but if it doesn't then I already know what I will do there for a replacement :) I'll have some pics up of the setup soon!
Get a wired probe gauge for the actual basking spot. This way you know where it sits.

Do the dots on them blink or light up?

Get a wired probe gauge for the actual basking spot. This way you know where it sits.

Do the dots on them blink or light up?
They blink when you are setting them up but I don't think during overall use. But if something happens to them I'll know because of the info on the app. I actually bought the dimmer with a probe for the basking spot so that I will have 2 ways to monitor it, and the dimmer will make sure the basking spot is always at 85f. That should be arriving today!

They blink when you are setting them up but I don't think during overall use. But if something happens to them I'll know because of the info on the app. I actually bought the dimmer with a probe for the basking spot so that I will have 2 ways to monitor it, and the dimmer will make sure the basking spot is always at 85f. That should be arriving today!
So adjust the thermostat on your dimmer to 82-83 this way where the cham rises up is warmer. If you have it set at 85 they will actually be sitting at hotter levels where they rise up.

You will like the app feature. It is one thing I love about mine. I am able to see any point day or night what humidity and temps are sitting at.

So adjust the thermostat on your dimmer to 82-83 this way where the cham rises up is warmer. If you have it set at 85 they will actually be sitting at hotter levels where they rise up.

You will like the app feature. It is one thing I love about mine. I am able to see any point day or night what humidity and temps are sitting at.
Interesting, I didn't really think about that lol I will do that! Thank you

That is why the forum is helpful. We already have been there done that and learned from it lol
Yeah I love it here. Frams Chams have been awesome with being in communication with me, answering questions too, but the help you and a few others have been providing me has been awesome. I can't say how much I appreciate it. I literally wouldn't be having another chameleon on the way if it weren't for your help on here. Thank you!

Yeah I love it here. Frams Chams have been awesome with being in communication with me, answering questions too, but the help you and a few others have been providing me has been awesome. I can't say how much I appreciate it. I literally wouldn't be having another chameleon on the way if it weren't for your help on here. Thank you!
Awww your welcome... I love helping the new keepers get on the right track for success. In turn we of course hope you will stick around and as you learn help teach others. But at least I know that I make a difference which is why I spend too much time here. :hilarious:

Awww your welcome... I love helping the new keepers get on the right track for success. In turn we of course hope you will stick around and as you learn help teach others. But at least I know that I make a difference which is why I spend too much time here. :hilarious:
Absolutely. I fully intend to. I've always had a thing for reptiles, which I had gotten away from for a very long time. But I feel that I've put so much time, effort, and money into this, I just want to be all in. I plan on sticking around and hopefully being able to help others :)

Absolutely. I fully intend to. I've always had a thing for reptiles, which I had gotten away from for a very long time. But I feel that I've put so much time, effort, and money into this, I just want to be all in. I plan on sticking around and hopefully being able to help others :)
I love that! I am so excited for you and your son. It will be an awesome experience for you both.

Back
Top Bottom