Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer.

cyberlocc

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I keep seeing people with those SensorPush Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometers.

they look great, until you see the 50 dollar price tag! I want 3 minimum in my Large viv, 2 each in my planned cham extension (7 cages, 14 units) Id like one for all my bug cages, (currently 6 Vivs) thats 23 units. 50 dollars a piece plus tax, ya thats quite insane.

So I been on the lookout, and came across this lightning sale today. I grabbed one at 13.50 to play with, even at the usual 18 dollars, all good. These ones are Bluetooth only (so are the sensor push, but they do offer a hub) and the company makes lots of smart tech, so hopefully more to come and a way to add a Hub! If not Bluetooth is fine, if its almost a 1/3 of the price! (I have another idea, that may work, to DIY a Hub, they said you can log in from multiple devices and get the readings so a 50 dollar tablet could connect to the Bluetooth for ever!)

Anyway, they claim better accuracy than Sensorpush as well. We will see, there is a lighting deal now, or I will add my thoughts on it, when it arrives tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2YVY03EXC610T&keywords=govee+wireless+thermometer+hygrometer&qid=1582848169&smid=A2KZ7X05DCDJDL&sprefix=govee+wireless,aps,196&sr=8-4

511GyDIrvML._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Running and snatching one up right now!

Scratch that! Gonna wait for you to do a review on it and see what your thoughts are. Just realize I need to save my dollars for more plants in Pascal's husbandry tomorrow! :ROFLMAO: Been wanted something like the SensorPush since I saw them but had to hold myself back due to the price of them.

Last edited:
So I keep seeing people with those SensorPush Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometers.

they look great, until you see the 50 dollar price tag! I want 3 minimum in my Large viv, 2 each in my planned cham extension (7 cages, 14 units) Id like one for all my bug cages, (currently 6 Vivs) thats 23 units. 50 dollars a piece plus tax, ya thats quite insane.

So I been on the lookout, and came across this lightning sale today. I grabbed one at 13.50 to play with, even at the usual 18 dollars, all good. These ones are Bluetooth only (so are the sensor push, but they do offer a hub) and the company makes lots of smart tech, so hopefully more to come and a way to add a Hub! If not Bluetooth is fine, if its almost a 1/3 of the price! (I have another idea, that may work, to DIY a Hub, they said you can log in from multiple devices and get the readings so a 50 dollar tablet could connect to the Bluetooth for ever!)

Anyway, they claim better accuracy than Sensorpush as well. We will see, there is a lighting deal now, or I will add my thoughts on it, when it arrives tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2YVY03EXC610T&keywords=govee+wireless+thermometer+hygrometer&qid=1582848169&smid=A2KZ7X05DCDJDL&sprefix=govee+wireless,aps,196&sr=8-4

511GyDIrvML._AC_SL1000_.jpg

This caught my interest so I visited the Amazon site but the manufacturer stated that this is not waterproof ?:

Question:
Will this sensor work outdoors? , unit most hang from a tree, is this possible? For How long of a period will the unit store information?

Answer:
The sensor is not waterproof. We recommend you used it indoors or under a sheltered place.
Please note that this a bluetooth device. You need to be in bluetooth range to access data. It can store 2 years data.
Need any help, please contact us to [email protected].
default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.png

Govee US
Seller · February 20, 2020

They don't even recommend using this outside even if it is protected from direct water ingress:

Question:
Can this be used outside if is it protected from water ingress?

Answer:
It's not recommended to use it outside because it's not totally waterproof, thank you:)
Need any help, please contact us to [email protected] :)
default._CR0,0,1024,1024_SX48_.png

Govee US
Seller · October 23, 2019

Running and snatching one up right now!

Scratch that! Gonna wait for you to do a review on it and see what your thoughts are. Just realize I need to save my dollars for more plants in Pascal's husbandry tomorrow! :ROFLMAO: Been wanted something like the SensorPush since I saw them but had to hold myself back due to the price of them.

I think and don't quote me, but I think these and the sensorpush are very similar. The sensorpush states "Swedish Engineering" and this thing mentions the sensor is a SH30 (or something) that is swedish made.

Maybe brand name, vs offbrand idk. The 50 dollar price on sensorpush is a tough swallow though.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Temperature-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Calibration/dp/B07DWMJKP5

+-3% humidity for 12 bucks, and has display. There seems to be lots and lots of versions...

Ya there is I didn't want the display. I want to hide it into my background.

It's super tiny, 1.5"x1.5"x.6", so you can cut a hole into your foam or whatever background and stash it, at least that was my plan :).

Even better, as I have seen you mention it. You can calibrate the humidity in the software, so this thing is likely pretty accurate. Especially if you calibrate it. Bye bye analog meters :p.

This caught my interest so I visited the Amazon site but the manufacturer stated that this is not waterproof ?:

Question:
Will this sensor work outdoors? , unit most hang from a tree, is this possible? For How long of a period will the unit store information?

Answer:
The sensor is not waterproof. We recommend you used it indoors or under a sheltered place.
Please note that this a bluetooth device. You need to be in bluetooth range to access data. It can store 2 years data.
Need any help, please contact us to [email protected].

Ya, no humidity sensor is water proof. It can be splashed on, but not submerged and you should try to not the hole get splashed.

They all say that.

The casing wraps almost completely around and the unit is sealed very tight. Customers said it's tough to even open for the battery replacement.

Last edited:
Scouring YouTube,

This review is promising!

I'm excited. Already coming up with ideas to hide these things into my background. I just grabbed one for now, to check it out. However now regretting I didn't buy more lol.

Mine should be here tommorow, I got an email a bit ago. Got to love Amazon Prime!

The foam and eco guys got it easy. I would skin the front with silicon and ecoearth, and fill the holder hole (the big one) only got the small sensor hole to be visible. And cut a hole for it in the foam. You wouldn't even know it was there.

I'm going to attempt the same with my cork, cut a hole the size of this out and see if I can skin it with cork. If not, I will eco earth it and hope it blends in okay lol.

Both those methods should water resistant it perfectly. I'm sure the outer shell is fine, is that sensor that's worrisome. Just build a little lip, above it to make sure water does not run in, and don't put it in direct spray path.

Last edited:
You had me at "can be calibrated". Time do do some planning this weekend. Still back and forth between display and no display. Figure no display is a bit more accurate and robust, but i kinda dont want to walk around with my phone...

Screenshot_20200228-082707_Govee Home.jpg

So far it is working well. You can set alerts for high temps and such, and each device gets it's own name so you can tell which one you are looking at.

I didn't try to hide mine yet until I know it is working well.

20200228_083238.jpg

You had me at "can be calibrated". Time do do some planning this weekend. Still back and forth between display and no display. Figure no display is a bit more accurate and robust, but i kinda dont want to walk around with my phone...

Oh they all use the same software/sensor. I would think they can all be calibrated, and are similar accuracy.

View attachment 259636

So far it is working well. You can set alerts for high temps and such, and each device gets it's own name so you can tell which one you are looking at.

I didn't try to hide mine yet until I know it is working well.

View attachment 259637

Wait you already had one? Or Amazon 30 min city?

Sweet! Gonna pick up a few to test the cages and greenhouse. Id need the wifi unit as I need to monitor when away... but much cheaper option!

Ya I wish that they had a hub, for the Bluetooth to connect to WiFi like sensorpush. I mean they kind of do, assuming that's how the wifi ones work.

I'm going to try and hack something together like that lol. Modfiy their hub, use an Android box of some kind or something.

Last edited:
Wait you already had one? Or Amazon 30 min city?

So yes, I got one when asking about recommendations here...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/favorite-hygrometer-and-thermometer-and-go.173185/

I was looking at many options, but figured I would give this one a go. I did just order another with the deal you posted, so I will have multiple zones in the enclosure. Was planning to do this at some point, but that deal was awesome!!!

Looks like @Pi11ow was asking about them in the last post of the thread...

This thing is TINY!

IMG_20200228_110058.jpg

Got some stuff to do, so can't do a full review till later today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_110100.jpg
    IMG_20200228_110100.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 157
Back
Top Bottom