About to get Chameleon here is a husbandry check

bwin287

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Ordered should be arriving June.
Male Panther Chameleon from Kammerflage
About 4 months of age.

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Main food dubia,and silkworms gutloaded with mustard and collard greens,kale,apples, and mangos also dusted calcium w/o d3
Treats as in a few a week super and horn worms

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
ZooMed Repti calcium W/O D3 everyday Multivitamin Zoo Med Reptivite and ZooMed Repti calcium W/D3 2xs a month

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

MistKing 2.5 mins twice a day along with 1 gallon dripper also have fogger to run at night if needed

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Zoomed Reptibreeze XL both sides and back enclosed with plastic on outside to help with water containment and humidity

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
36" arcadia pro T5 uvb set with their 6% bulb to lay diagonally 2 in above cage 8.5 clamo lamp with 65 watt bulb for basking 12 hrs on off 8am/pm

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Baskin spot 81° down to 73° at the bottom of cage measures with
2 Govee wireless hygrometer/thermometer

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Again 2 Govee 50-55% day 70-75: at night

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Live plants Pothos,gold capella schefflera,and majesty palm

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Spare bedroom furthest corner from windows and vents on 3ft high table.

Location - Where are you geographically located? PHILA PA, SOUTH NEW JERSEY

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Any issue please advise so all can be corrected before arrival
Thanks for all that help.

Your care appears to be correct from what I have read. Others may be able to touch on other subjects, but I assume the cage is a 24x24x48?

Welcome on here, it's a pleasure to have you! I have a few suggestions, but great job overall! Make sure to keep us updated with pics once you get your new Kammer boy!
gutloaded with mustard and collard greens,kale,apples, and mangos also dusted calcium w/o d3
You don't want to gutload with raw kale, as it binds calcium. You don't need to dust the gutload either. I've attached feeder and gutload sheets at the end. Remember variety is key for both types/species of feeders and the amount of gutload ingredients!
Multivitamin Zoo Med Reptivite
Make sure it is the one without D3!
36" arcadia pro T5 uvb set with their 6% bulb to lay diagonally 2 in above cage 8.5 clamo lamp with 65 watt bulb for basking 12 hrs on off 8am/pm
How far away from the basking branch are your UVB and heat bulbs?
Baskin spot 81° down to 73° at the bottom of cage measures with
2 Govee wireless hygrometer/thermometer
You'll want a digital thermometer with a probe to measure the basking area. You'll put the probe where the top of your chameleon's back is when he's on his basking branch.

Here's the images!

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 98
  • chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 96
Thank you for the reply, I dont eat kale so I will just remove it. So TY for that info, when I set my cage back up I will post pics im making my own ledges like dragon strand and also 3d printing corner brackets to hold the light. once up I will give exact measurements, the basking branch was about 8 in or so from light when I got these numbers. Again TY for all feedback from any and all who feel they can help me better my setup. I know I still have a lot to learn so figured it was better to do a husbandry check before I receive him

Back
Top Bottom