White Crust of some sort on tip of nose

Veiledviscorous

Name: Viscorous
Sex: Male
Species: Veiled Chameleon
Duration of time with owner: Two and a half months
Length: 8 inches about
Coloring: Green-ish blue with beige outlined stripes
Cage: 16x16x28 Mesh cage with plenty of fake vines and foliage. (Working on live plants.)
Temperatures: basking area 80-86 degrees Farenheit, and non-basking is held at about 76-80
Humidity: moderate
Food:20-40 (Very small crickets purchased on accident.)Dusted(Supplemented) crickets daily.
Water: Misted three to four times a day, with one long misting in the morning, and short mists at various times of day.
Stools: Normal. Black and white- Indicating good hydration
Lights: "Repti- Basking Spot Lamp" 75W. And "Desert 7% UVB T-8 fluorescent lamp"- Both of which were provided by the store.
Problem:Lately, like in the past couple of days, I've noticed a white crust of some sort on the tip of his nose near his mouth and on the sides of his mouth. When I tried to clean it off, it didn't budge. His nostrils are clear, save for the salts that he sneezes sometimes. I can't get a decent picture because he flips out and attacks anything that comes near him. Is there any idea of what this could be?

I don't think it's the same kind of crust. It's not on his nostrils. It's around his mouth. I think it might be that he's about to shed or something, but I'll cut back on dusting the crickets he eats to once a day.

Name: Viscorous

Problem: I've noticed a white crust of some sort on the tip of his nose near his mouth and on the sides of his mouth. When I tried to clean it off, it didn't budge. His nostrils are clear, save for the salts that he sneezes sometimes.

Most definatly over supplimentation, you are describing that problem to the T

tell us your supplementing regime.
I would not say it's over supplementing yet be4 knowing how much exactly you gave to your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom