Which type of jackson is this male and female?

jojothefirst

Ok. Thank you to Chris Anderson for answering my last thread, hope he or someone else can answer this for me.
There is a guy selling a breeding pair of Mt meru Jackson chameleons.
Looking at the photos im convinced that the male is a Jacksonii jacksonii not a jacksonii merumontanus.
The yellow stripe is typical of j.jacksonii. I know that, but from what iv read from the last thread, meru's and xanths have more rounded rostral horns than this guy.
The female does look like a mt meru judging by the single long horn.
Here is the thread with pictures.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizard-classifieds/892854-pair-jacksons-chameleons-sale.html

Thank you in advance

more pics of the male:
jacksons005-1.jpg

jacksons006.jpg

jacksons007.jpg

The male is undoubtably a male Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii (definitely not a T. j. merumontanus). The photo of the female from the thread is pretty blurry but it also appears to be a T. j. jacksonii and not T. j. merumontanus. Its definitely frustrating as a buyer when you purchase one thing and get another. I guess in this case though the buyer could see photos so if they were educated and needed T. j. merumontanus in particular, they should have been able to tell.

Chris

That was one lucky escape for me. Had the seller not let me down after saying he would hold them a day or so while I sorted the courier I would have ended up with the wrong chameleons as it's Merus that I am after.

The male is undoubtably a male Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii (definitely not a T. j. merumontanus). The photo of the female from the thread is pretty blurry but it also appears to be a T. j. jacksonii and not T. j. merumontanus. Its definitely frustrating as a buyer when you purchase one thing and get another. I guess in this case though the buyer could see photos so if they were educated and needed T. j. merumontanus in particular, they should have been able to tell.

Chris

Thank you Chris, appreciate you taking your time to answer this for me. Its nice in one sense that I was able to see that they were not what was advertised but very very frustrating that a mod has deleted my post which was 100% intended to help the buyer. But like you say, the buyer should really notice themselves.

Back
Top Bottom