What sponsors to buy from

Feeders are a competitive commodity business. Supplies & prices can change often, as can players.
We keep a small database of vendors in a spreadsheet (Excel). It includes the feeders, quantities, sizes, prices, shipping, contact info., and notes. When it's time to order, we go through the list, verify who's got the best deal ATM, and order—then make changes to the database as necessary.

Setting it up is the PITA. Once set up, it takes only minutes to go through the list, check prices & availability, etc. via hotlinks.

We usually only deal with a very few vendors, but when they happen to be out, or someone runs a sale, it's nice to have backup gotos.

This method often saves us ~$20 per order (based on 4-6 orders per year).

Feeders are a competitive commodity business. Supplies & prices can change often, as can players.
We keep a small database of vendors in a spreadsheet (Excel). It includes the feeders, quantities, sizes, prices, shipping, contact info., and notes. When it's time to order, we go through the list, verify who's got the best deal ATM, and order—then make changes to the database as necessary.

Setting it up is the PITA. Once set up, it takes only minutes to go through the list, check prices & availability, etc. via hotlinks.

We usually only deal with a very few vendors, but when they happen to be out, or someone runs a sale, it's nice to have backup gotos.

This method often saves us ~$20 per order (based on 4-6 orders per year).
I’m sorry I have a small brain it takes a few minutes for my brain to read and understand what you said but I got it 😂

Well my dubias, supers, and bsfl came, now waiting on my silks. (I had to get the pods because they were sold out on the others 🙄) Do you guys have any threads or advice on how to breed silks? Is it hard, easy?? Also I don’t think I can breed roaches those things scare me 🙂 .

I just made my first purchase from there. I have been going to my reptile shop in town (trying to shop local businesses) but they charge $20 for just a couple dozen!
My dubias came today only three dead I think as long as you are there when they arrive it should be good. Also if it’s too hot or cold it may have some issues with the amount that come alive/dead.

My dubias came today only three dead I think as long as you are there when they arrive it should be good. Also if it’s too hot or cold it may have some issues with the amount that come alive/dead.
I'm in sf bay area, so not too hot and not too cold. Where do they ship from? I didnt even check b4 ordering.

Also I don’t think I can breed roaches those things scare me 🙂 .
What about them scares you? I wound up breeding them purely by accident. I had ordered some last year (early Jan.) and there were some problems with the order, so I informed the vendor and ordered again from another vendor. Then the first vendor replaced the order, so I had something over twice what I originally needed (the messed up order, the second order, and the replacement order). This probably would have lasted me the whole year, but my beardie decided to go into brumation for 4 months. Meanwhile, the dubias kept eating & growing. Now a bunch are adults, and even without heating the bin, they're (slowly) doing what roaches do... :rolleyes:

It's really not much different from keeping them alive. They don't bite, climb, make noise, or stink, and from what I've read & watched, easier than silk worms to breed & raise.

What about them scares you? I wound up breeding them purely by accident. I had ordered some last year (early Jan.) and there were some problems with the order, so I informed the vendor and ordered again from another vendor. Then the first vendor replaced the order, so I had something over twice what I originally needed (the messed up order, the second order, and the replacement order). This probably would have lasted me the whole year, but my beardie decided to go into brumation for 4 months. Meanwhile, the dubias kept eating & growing. Now a bunch are adults, and even without heating the bin, they're (slowly) doing what roaches do... :rolleyes:

It's really not much different from keeping them alive. They don't bite, climb, make noise, or stink, and from what I've read & watched, easier than silk worms to breed & raise.
You know I might try to once my cham gets older. My fear of them will probably be over after having to be near them a lot.

Does anyone know what these are? It keeps trying to fly out of container 😀 Crappy photo but I’m not opening it 🙂

Attachments

• A72B211D-8DF6-49B0-9E1A-B5700A5D8F6A.jpeg
    A72B211D-8DF6-49B0-9E1A-B5700A5D8F6A.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom