What sponsors to buy from

I just found some hornworms. $13 for 25-30 hornworms on Amazon. Should I buy them? I looked at the reviews and some people had bad reviews and some people had good reviews so I don’t know 😂 someone was able to breed and get a lot of eggs 🤷🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• EBC2931E-9369-4C59-BE57-759E1F829563.jpeg
    EBC2931E-9369-4C59-BE57-759E1F829563.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 86
I just found some hornworms. $13 for 25-30 hornworms on Amazon. Should I buy them? I looked at the reviews and some people had bad reviews and some people had good reviews so I don’t know 😂 someone was able to breed and get a lot of eggs 🤷🏽‍♀️
Found more that are all around the same prices. I already purchased dubias, superworms, bsfl, silkworms, and will probably buy crickets, and I want to try and breed some hornworms but I might just go out and buy some right now for the same prices

I’ve bought from a variety of places until I found a selection of sellers I like and trust. I get my crickets from Ghann’s as well as wax worms, meal worms and supers if they have them. I’ve gotten roaches from @jamest0o0 to start a new colony. I’ve also gotten roaches in the past from Linda’s Gone Buggy. Silks (when not able to breed my own) I get from either Mori Feeders or a seller called doossty66 on eBay. I’d gotten lots of bsfl from Calcigrubs, but last I looked it seemed they had none, so I went to seller abdragons1 on eBay.

I buy from Rainbow Mealworms for their variety and cheap prices, but lately they have had a 2 week delay due to covid, and I’ve had a few issues that Im sure are a result of their new volume.

Any roaches or isopods @jamest0o0 is your dude. Roaches are easy to set up as a feeder colony and Im sure he can give you great advice.

BSFL I get from Symton because I buy like 2k a month. They now offer “flights” which are packages that include dubia, bsfl, hornworms, and supers I think. I’d totally give them a shot as their shipping is reliable and cheap.

Silkworms - morifeeders / @Spyro are a great source.

phasmids and mantids - @nick barta is your dude.

Dont forget to feed your bugs well, so your cham gets the nutrients.

I buy from Rainbow Mealworms for their variety and cheap prices, but lately they have had a 2 week delay due to covid, and I’ve had a few issues that Im sure are a result of their new volume.

Any roaches or isopods @jamest0o0 is your dude. Roaches are easy to set up as a feeder colony and Im sure he can give you great advice.

BSFL I get from Symton because I buy like 2k a month. They now offer “flights” which are packages that include dubia, bsfl, hornworms, and supers I think. I’d totally give them a shot as their shipping is reliable and cheap.

Silkworms - morifeeders / @Spyro are a great source.

phasmids and mantids - @nick barta is your dude.

Dont forget to feed your bugs well, so your cham gets the nutrients.
Yes I do I’m only focused on from where to buy. I purchased silks from coastal silkworms are those good?

So I ordered dubias, supers, and bsfl from dubiaroaches.com, silks from coastal silkworms, crickets from lllreptile as well as hornworms. I feel like I am missing something 🙄😂 Anyways I have no idea why this is bothering me but what do you guys think about this. I was looking for a new feeder cup/hornworms and I had been linking the right supplements to some threads and this popped up on “you might also like”. I read a thread with someone using it and asked I think it was @ ERKleRose I can’t remember but they said it’s usually not recommended.

Attachments

• 64BDC3F2-C3AE-4A70-A00E-C6D3C5FA3696.jpeg
    64BDC3F2-C3AE-4A70-A00E-C6D3C5FA3696.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 8057B5BD-7979-4FB5-B4D3-145056798BDA.jpeg
    8057B5BD-7979-4FB5-B4D3-145056798BDA.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 113
So I ordered dubias, supers, and bsfl from dubiaroaches.com, silks from coastal silkworms, crickets from lllreptile as well as hornworms. I feel like I am missing something 🙄😂 Anyways I have no idea why this is bothering me but what do you guys think about this. I was looking for a new feeder cup/hornworms and I had been linking the right supplements to some threads and this popped up on “you might also like”. I read a thread with someone using it and asked I think it was @ ERKleRose I can’t remember but they said it’s usually not recommended.
Calcium carbonate is pure 100% calcium, I have no idea about the limestone flour. If you look at the information on the labels for analysis and whatnot, Zoo Med also has more info. For the supplement schedule you’re going for, use Zoo Med or Repashy (the SuperVite and SuperCal versions).

Edit: limestone flour is another source of calcium carbonate, just not 100% pure calcium sometimes. I’d still recommend Zoo Med and Repashy over Fluker’s because they have been proven over the years as great supplement brands

Last edited:
Calcium carbonate is pure 100% calcium, I have no idea about the limestone flour. If you look at the information on the labels for analysis and whatnot, Zoo Med also has more info. For the supplement schedule you’re going for, use Zoo Med or Repashy (the SuperVite and SuperCal versions).
I use calcium without d3 phosphorus free every feeding, calcium with d3 phosphorus free every other week and alternate between reptivite without d3 is that a good schedule?

Back
Top Bottom