Does he look healthy?

Attachments

• P9180269.JPG
    P9180269.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 105
  • P9180273.JPG
    P9180273.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 125
A morph is a cross between species, and yeah your guys looks to be a morph. A morph of what I'm not to sure. I guess he could also be very unique! :D

see im concerned cos thats what i was told it is however he dosent have that classic red eye and hes meant to be 9 months old? how old are they when their colour stops developing?

see im concerned cos thats what i was told it is however he dosent have that classic red eye and hes meant to be 9 months old? how old are they when their colour stops developing?

Could have got his eyes from the other side of his morph? looks like an ankaramy stripe and eyes with the greens from nosy mitsio??

Your cham is a mitsio. You can speculate all day if he is a cross or not. Everyone that did not breed their own chams could. That is why purists are so against crosses. Just because he does not have red eye turrets at the moment does not mean he is a cross. They go thru MANY changes until they are about 15 months old. Asking what he is 100 times is just going to make you crazy cuz ppl are just guessing. You cannot ever tell 100% what a locale is from a pic. Getting your cham from a reputable source is the only way to hopefully ensure genetics (even then mistakes can be made). On your first thread about this a lot of experienced ppl responded and told you it was a mitsio and to relax about the eye turrets and the feet. Each cham and thier colors can be very different and again change a lot until 15 months or so of age. Care is the same whether you have a mitsio or a ambilobe or a cross. He looks healthy and beautiful (as you have been told by quite a few ppl) relax and enjoy your cham! :D

Yea, he looks like a Mitsio. He might get red eyes in the coming months and he might not, just like some Nosy Bes get the yellow cheeks and others don't (but they're both still Nosy Bes!). He's still a gorgeous shade of green. I wouldn't think he's a cross at first sight but obviously we can't really know with complete certainty.

Edit to add - The colors can keep changing up to a full 2 years, but most of the time they stop at about a year and a half. Yours is still young, so don't worry about it too much! :) My ambilobe didn't really show lots of colors until 7 months and then he didn't reach his full coloration until he was way over a year old. So yours still has time to grow and change.

Last edited:
No problem! There are a lot of ppl on here, that will just spew their opinions and give no back up...check out Screameleons, they are a forum sponsor. They have quite a few Mitsio's all with the same lateral stripe, and while the turrets are primarily red, in a few of the pics you can see where they go quite dark at times. Also check out "Matrix" on Chamelon Nation's site (also a forum sponsor) he is also showing the dark turrets in his photo. I would not worry! :)

Edit: See! Olimpia is one of the good ones!! : )

Back
Top Bottom