Govee Smart plugs - What do you use?

Some smart plugs require a hub to operate and tell them what to do. Some plugs run off an app on your smart phone but only when your phone is connected to wifi and giving those plugs the instructions you set. AKA you leave the house with your phone and the schedules you set do not work, because your phone isn’t connected to wifi. The Kasa smart plugs don’t need a hub. They “remember” the schedule you set, even if you unplug them and plug them in again, even after a power outage, and they don’t need your phone telling them what to do
I did not know this, that is super frustrating, I wish i had known before i bought my govee plugs, but thank you so much for the information. Can you still keep track of everything on your phone with the Kasa?

These were easy to hook up to the app... You add them one at a time. There is a push button on the side of them to sinc them with the app. Label them for what they are hooked to.

So when you first get into the app this is what you will see. I have all my lighting on these except my basking runs off the herpstat.

View attachment 343581

Then when you click into one

View attachment 343582
herpstat is really what i want so i can do everything from one place.

If your Govee sensors are Bluetooth, they only send info when you are in range. If they are wifi, they send info thats accessed via the app. Most of the Govee sensors are wifi and includes a small hub. My Govee came with 3 sensors but it is expandable. I purchased a single sensor because I needed 4 total.
I have the govee humidity sensor but it's blue tooth which I hate if I wanna expend it inwould need to get a hub ?

I did not know this, that is super frustrating, I wish i had known before i bought my govee plugs, but thank you so much for the information. Can you still keep track of everything on your phone with the Kasa?
Yes. The Kasa smart strips and a Kasa camera. The Govee comes on wifi and Bluetooth. Bluetooth only works when the phone is in the area. Wifi is accessible when away from home.

I'm a little confused on how the Kasa works different from the govee when it looks like you set them up the same. I'm sorry my TBI (tramatic brain injury) isn't allowing me to understand for some reason, can someone explain it again? I thought I had got it but my brain is racing to figure it out and isn't finding the answer. i think part of my brain issue is the hub, no hub stuff. i never recieved a hub with my govee.

I'm a little confused on how the Kasa works different from the govee when it looks like you set them up the same. I'm sorry my TBI (tramatic brain injury) isn't allowing me to understand for some reason, can someone explain it again? I thought I had got it but my brain is racing to figure it out and isn't finding the answer. i think part of my brain issue is the hub, no hub stuff. i never recieved a hub with my govee.
Wifi connects to the internet, giving you access to your device from anywhere you have internet (world wide web).(example: house alarm).

Bluetooth only works when you are near (10-20ft) the device. (example- wireless headphones)

Govee Wifi-
Screenshot_20231001_140020_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Govee Bluetooth - notice the distance.
Screenshot_20231001_140136_Amazon Shopping.jpg

FYI - IF YOU PURCHASED FROM Amazon, call customer service and explain you purchased the wrong product. They are exchange friendly (no matter the purchase date).

Wifi connects to the internet, giving you access to your device from anywhere you have internet (world wide web).(example: house alarm).

Bluetooth only works when you are near (10-20ft) the device. (example- wireless headphones)
ok and the kasa are wifi not bluetooth?

so even tho i have had my govee for a few months i can exchange them?
You can try. I'm saying call customer service. They might be able to help you. From experience, Amazon is customer friendly and more liberal when you call customer service. Even if you have had them a few months.

Example: I bought my daughter a refrigerator for college - 200.00. It was the wrong color. I called customer serviced, they sent a new refrigerator- correct color. I was to return the initial refrigerator. I forgot. 3 months later I called them to return the refrigerator and they told me to keep it- no additional charge.

Kasa wifi works without the need for a hub. Yes, you can control devices from your phone. With the strip plug and camera you can set on/off timers. I don't have the temp/ hygrometers but if it's wifi it should work the same. You can receive data anywhere on the app via (wifi).

I can change things from other locations. They have actually been quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom