Afordable PID dimming thermostat

BryanP

Avid Member
Hey everyone!

Saw one of these in another thread and it's something I've been wanting for awhile so I spent the $26 (at the time of writing this) on the reptizoo PID dimming thermostat.

I've only had it plugged in for 2 days now but it works and I have the probe next to my govee temp sensor and the temps stay consistent all day despite what the ambient room temp does.

REPTIZOO Reptile Dimming Thermostat Heat Lamp Temperature Controller with LED Digital Screen, Specifically Designed for Light Heat Bulbs & Heaters https://a.co/d/8yNDovP

For $25 and only 2 days of use I recommend it if a dimming thermostat is what you're looking for!

Awesome, any issues with the prob getting wet from misting? Do the temps match between the govee sensor and the probe?

Awesome, any issues with the prob getting wet from misting? Do the temps match between the govee sensor and the probe?
So the thermostat is set to 83 and the govee shows 77 for the day. You can. See at 9am my long misting goes off and drops the temp until that moisture has evaporated.

The 6 degree difference is something my engineer Braun can't handle and will need to investigate but I'm guessing it has something to do with the following.

The govee sensors is itself is shrouded within the white plastic housing giving an artificially lower reading
The reptizoo probe is black and much smaller possibly giving it an artificially higher reading.

I will use a 3rd thermometer I can find to check the temp but with my luck it will read even higher than 83 and then I'll be VERY confused.

Edit:
Because the max temp was covered it's 78.1deg
1000006356.jpg

Very interesting, I'm excited to see your results, I had a reptistat probe thermometer and it was reading about 5 degrees off from others I've had too so I'm just curious if this is a thing that is common for probes

OK 1 month in and I have to say...

if you don't have one of these... GET ONE NOW!

It's made such a difference in my chameleons behavior and I can tell that having the right basking temp is always where it needs to be.

it seems like this should be added to the basic husbandry checklist.

Its a game charger!

OK 1 month in and I have to say...

if you don't have one of these... GET ONE NOW!

It's made such a difference in my chameleons behavior and I can tell that having the right basking temp is always where it needs to be.

it seems like this should be added to the basic husbandry checklist.

Its a game charger!
SO how is your probe mounted in terms of light? I have mine on the edge of the basking area pointing upwards

Back
Top Bottom