what is your experience with the mistking in a wire cage

In my experience with misters and now, my 1/4 inch soaker hose, water overspray is an issue. Part of the problem is you have a changing growing plant system that deflects water in various angles as the plants grow and the chameleons move foliage around.

I would look at 12 inch sides along the bottom including the door to reduce spray and splash onto the floor and room.

The best solution is a tile floor…:D

CHEERS!

Nick:D

I've had a mistking system running 3 spray heads on 2 cages for almost 6 years. I don't have any issues with over spray. I run my misters up to 1/2 hour at a time.

My cages are rather heavily planted and the spray heads are directed towards the center of the cage.

My only problem was having to put the cages on pedestals so I could put drain holes in the bottoms.

I absolutely love my Mist King system.

The only bit of advice I would give is...

Either clean out the spray nozzles once a month or get an in-line filter.
The spray heads have a tiny screen that catches particles of crud before they clog the nozzles.

You can also soak the nozzles in a little warm vinegar to get rid of any white deposits that can accumulate when using tap water.

Here is a short video on how to clean the spray head/nozzle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9BBCg1Ko8

Do you happen to have a picture of your drainage setup and where you placed the mistking reservoir bucket? I am setting up a cage and just bought a mistking but if I out the bucket underneath the cage, it takes up space so I am trying to figure out a drainage pan underneath the cage as well. I'd love to see how others have organized this if they have a mistking or aquazamp setup....

I wish I had RO water... all the bromelias and tillandsias being sprayed by hard tap water aint good I guess.
I work at a pet/aquarium store and we have tons of saltwater fish and corals so we have endless amounts of RO water, just go to any fish store that sells saltwater fish, they probably have RO for sale. We sell it to customers all the time

I would look at 12 inch sides along the bottom including the door to reduce spray and splash onto the floor and room.

The best solution is a tile floor…:D

CHEERS!

Nick:D
I was planning on 5" but hmmm maybe I'll do 12 instead lol! we have carpet and he's going in the living room. I guess I could put a huge plastic paint drop cloth around the cage when its set up with the mister and see where the most water is coming from by looking at the wet areas on the plastic and cover those. I wish they made aquarium background the size of a cham cage! Unless I go with a single color.

Do you happen to have a picture of your drainage setup and where you placed the mistking reservoir bucket? I am setting up a cage and just bought a mistking but if I out the bucket underneath the cage, it takes up space so I am trying to figure out a drainage pan underneath the cage as well. I'd love to see how others have organized this if they have a mistking or aquazamp setup....
Im just starting to finish my project but u you uses a cement mixing bucket and used wood to frame around that. Imade so i can pull out the bucket when ever i need to by just opening up the bottem doors . i will also have a 5 gallon bucket with filtration i made my own misting system using espresso machine vibration pump and ez mister quick disconnect nozzle.
uploadfromtaptalk1425047871717.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1425048056978.jpg

Im just starting to finish my project but u you uses a cement mixing bucket and used wood to frame around that. Imade so i can pull out the bucket when ever i need to by just opening up the bottem doors . i will also have a 5 gallon bucket with filtration i made my own misting system using espresso machine vibration pump and ez mister quick disconnect nozzle.
View attachment 106474
View attachment 106475

Wow - very nice setup. What are the dimensions of your pan and cage bottom? I love what you are building...

I was planning on 5" but hmmm maybe I'll do 12 instead lol! we have carpet and he's going in the living room. I guess I could put a huge plastic paint drop cloth around the cage when its set up with the mister and see where the most water is coming from by looking at the wet areas on the plastic and cover those. I wish they made aquarium background the size of a cham cage! Unless I go with a single color.

Another option is a remnant piece of vinyl flooring under the setup. Might be able to get a decent looking piece cheaply.

Another option is a remnant piece of vinyl flooring under the setup. Might be able to get a decent looking piece cheaply.

Oh that's a great idea! We actually have extra vinyl flooring from when we did the house. It's pergo vinyl, so it snaps together and is waterproof. We still have extra of the thicker one we used in my work room. Thanks for the reminder! We are building a custom stand so the bottom can be that as well to make it look nice.

Back
Top Bottom