What is that stuff on my chameleon spine

I was told she was a Male I didn’t have to worry about eggs
Oh no that’s definitely a female and they can produce eggs very early. You can tell from the lack of Spurs on the back of her feet and small casque also most males have more color and pattern not to mention her very plump look rn

I was told she was a Male I didn’t have to worry about eggs
Pet store employees for the most part aren’t very knowledgeable on chameleons so it’s not a good idea to take their word not to say all are but if she’s from a chain I doubt the employees knew what they were talking about considering how they recommended the chameleon kit and probably think calci sand is good for leopard geckos

Is it to late or can see still lay the eggs
I’m not sure that’s where someone more experienced needs to hop in and give advice just remember as well we are not a substitute for proper veterinary care if you can take her I would highly suggest jt

Some may disagree with me, but I’m not 100% convinced she is gravid right now. The reasons for this is even though she is really plump and even looks a little lumpy, you say she has only ever been green and not shown any other colors. However, she is at the age when these changes are due to occur at any time and you need to be prepared. In your very first pic of her, I think she is darker colored from the stress/pain of the burn rather than having eggs. It is sometimes hard to tell, but this is what I think.

You can listen to the podcast on the podcast app on apple or by downloading the chameleon academy app it’s very helpful and entertaining to listen especially with basics of chameleon care

Some may disagree with me, but I’m not 100% convinced she is gravid right now. The reasons for this is even though she is really plump and even looks a little lumpy, you say she has only ever been green and not shown any other colors. However, she is at the age when these changes are due to occur at any time and you need to be prepared. In your very first pic of her, I think she is darker colored from the stress/pain of the burn rather than having eggs. It is sometimes hard to tell, but this is what I think.
It still wouldn’t hurt to have the lay box just as a precaution

Back
Top Bottom