What is that stuff on my chameleon spine

Carloscruz

Avid Member
My chameleon her stuff on her spine can anyone tell me what it is please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 104
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Here is a chart for lay bins, she needs one ASAP. She also needs an experienced chameleon vet to do x-rays to see if she is egg-bound or anything, as well to treat her burns. Please raise her heat bulb up, too

Attachments

• 42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 46
So she need a laying bin but she is only 5 1/2 months old
Yes…she looks very plump and her coloring is suspect for eggs.
I don’t have the money to take her to the vet can I treat the burn myself
A vet is best as is the burn cream they would prescribe. However, for now you could put a thin layer of Neosporin (without pain relief) on the area. If you fill out the help form above and provide us with pics of everything, we can help make sure everything is perfect for your little lady.

If you want to give her to someone. I'm sure someone on here will take her and provide great care for her. Just a suggestion

Back
Top Bottom