What exactly...

well it is some type of moth but I would be leary of feeding that. You should stick to the brown moths. Anything brightly colored and patterned I would stay away from. Just my opinion.... Maybe someone else has fed one of those and can tell you their safe but until then, i would not feed it.

According to the wing shape this is a moth. Kind of a sphinx moth I guess. Don't know if you can feed it?

White Lined Sphinx or Striped Morning Sphinx, Hyles lineata. Not sure if it's safe, search the forum, someone else will have asked! Hornworms (Manduca) turn into another type of sphinx moth too.

I fed a Sphinx moth off once but it was mostly brown. My chameleon is still alive!!! I still am on the fence about this one!!!

I couldn't find anything that said it was poisonous
It says it comes from horn worm

So ya I'm still wondering if it is safe to feed

hornworm moths look different than that. If you go up to "view our sponsors" click on that and find the link for Educational Feeders. They sell the hornworm pupaes and they have pictures of the moths they turn in to. Go to Butterfly and moth larvae and scroll down. There is a pic of the pupae, hornworm and the moth,.

Back
Top Bottom