Do NOT trust Chameleons Canada

Randallthechameleon

Established Member
I bought a Nosy Boraha female Panther chameleon off the site chamaleonscanada.com and they scammed me. They gave me the wrong chameleon and knew about it. I wanted to order the female on the left, but received the one the right even though the description in the ad read “you are receiving the exact female chameleon in the photo.” I did not. I complained and received a full refund because they knew they were still trying to play me for dumb. PSA BOYCOT CHAMELEONS CANADA note, she was transported in a beige sack rubber ended on both ends. Totally immorally wrong to package a live animal like that.

Attachments

• 28ADC89C-2A74-4C75-B3A8-687EB63B38EF.png
    28ADC89C-2A74-4C75-B3A8-687EB63B38EF.png
    399.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 005A1FEF-5357-43D1-843E-E1EEA3DD66FC.jpeg
    005A1FEF-5357-43D1-843E-E1EEA3DD66FC.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 53
I bought a Nosy Boraha female Panther chameleon off the site chamaleonscanada.com and they scammed me. They gave me the wrong chameleon and knew about it. I wanted to order the female on the left, but received the one the right even though the description in the ad read “you are receiving the exact female chameleon in the photo.” I did not. I complained and received a full refund because they knew they were still trying to play me for dumb. PSA BOYCOT CHAMELEONS CANADA note, she was transported in a beige sack rubber ended on both ends. Totally immorally wrong to package a live animal like that.
Did they give you any insight on if still a nosy boraha or not? Sorry for this, that is very frustrating

Poor girl. She does look quite thin. I do hope you have a vet appointment already scheduled for her and make sure to get a fecal done. At least they gave you a full refund. If they were truly unscrupulous, they’d just ghost you.

You aren't going to want to hear this but that may be the same chameleon. I can't tell from the different angles of the photograph. Females don't always display that rich orange red color. That can be from seeing a male or just being ready. In a new cage they may tone down from stress etc. The size of the body itself is from inflated lungs rather than body condition. However the casque or top of the head is very full/fat in the display picture. I cannot tell what it looks like on the chameleon you received. A picture from the side might be more telling.
Perhaps they did send the wrong one. I'm glad you were able to get your money back.

Back
Top Bottom