Investigation In Progress

Sounds like your in the same boat as me. My second (last) is 2 and my daughter (7) and I are working on getting a breeding thing going. My wife would be the one boxing and my daughter and I would be crying. Haha.

As for naming bugs I don't think I'll ever get there. I held onto a male dubia for a long while in case I wanted to start a colony but eventually let my beardie have at him. Haha.

Yep mine are the same age. My Daughter turned 7 last month and my son turns 2 next month, its going to be our last. My daughter didn't want to come out, so my Wife had to get a C section, and then they said they have to do it again with my son. So while they were doing that, she got tied.

My wife actually loves the roaches, just the Hissers though. She hates the Orange heads, but the Halloween Hissers, she likes playing with them and saying look they have a little family lol.

Cant say I blame her, I like holding the Halloween Hissers too, but the OHs man, IDK, they move so fast and like dig into your skin with their spikes, the Hissers are so much more Chill.

My Daughter is kinda Meh on the cham breeding, she wants snakes, lots of big snakes. She caught a garter and we let her keep it for a few days in a Tank, and she has been obsessed ever since. She is always asking for a new snake, my wife hates them, so she let it go and told her we would get her one later, and she has yet to stop asking.

We were talking about Cham breeding last week, and my Daughter said "We aint breeding no Chams, We are breeding SNAKES!" That would change though, once she seen the babies hatching.

Last edited:
That's funny my daughter just turned 7 June 28th. Haha. Very close in age.

My daughter just wants the babies. She sees them at shows and remembers when ours were babies and she fell in love. Now we are working on gargoyle geckos. She is over the moon haha.

Yep mine are the same age. My Daughter turned 7 last month and my son turns 2 next month, its going to be our last. My daughter didn't want to come out, so my Wife had to get a C section, and then they said they have to do it again with my son. So while they were doing that, she got tied.

My wife actually loves the roaches, just the Hissers though. She hates the Orange heads, but the Halloween Hissers, she likes playing with them and saying look they have a little family lol.

My Daughter is kinda Meh on the cham breeding, she wants snakes, lots of big snakes. She caught a garter and we let her keep it for a few days in a Tank, and she has been obsessed ever since. She is always asking for a new snake, my wife hates them, so she let it go and told her we would get her one later, and she has yet to stop asking.

We were talking about Cham breeding last week, and my Daughter said "We aint breeding no Chams, We are breeding SNAKES!" That would change though, once she seen the babies hatching.

Cant say I blame her, I like holding the Halloween Hissers too, but the OHs man, IDK, they move so fast and like dig into your skin with their spikes, the Hissers are so much more Chill.
I hate the orange heads too! I'm glad we are all in agreement that the OHs are the devil.

Pre-arrange your first vet exam before the arrival of your chameleon and inquire with your reptile veterinarian as to when an appropriate time would be to conduct your first fecal in the absence of symptoms or adequate stool availability at time of visit

So I’m curious about this part. This is a completely hypothetical situation I’m talking about.

So say a customer talks to their vet and the vet recommends to wait 15 days to do a fecal test even though the Cham poops before then and it possible to do it sooner. The Cham poops in day 16 so you get that sample tested

Do you extend your health guarantee for anything the vet finds that could not have transpired within those 16 days?

Not you as in Matt and teal. Just anyone who is a business owner I’m curious of your perspective

Last edited:
I think in this case I would document the vet saying that and share it with the breeder. I am sure one breeder will handle it different from the next.

Ya I guess this would require good communication between breeder and customer. I guess a breeder could have it as part of their guarantee for certain things. Kind of like and extended manufacture warranty.

I have been reading all of the threads and posts regarding this unfortunate situation. Most of my thoughts have already been covered by several members here.

But regarding the warranty, if certain parasites take longer to be tested for results then the warranty should cover it specifically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom