Waterfalls

beavesss

Will chameleons drink from waterfalls? I have one in its cage but i don't see it down there often.

chameleons hardly ever if they ever even do drink from water falls or standing water../they drink from drippers or from misting the cage and plants in the cage so they can drink the droplets from the leaves..take the water fall out since they cause bacteria build up that can be dangerous for your cham..

it would have to be be cleaned completley once a day to stay clean..either take it out or grow bacteria..that simple..your chameleon needs a dripper and a mister.

Ahh this topic again lol

Not only do chameleons poop in water falls crickets and other feeders find there way into the mechanisms and die.

If you do a search you'll find tons of threads on this topic. Bottom line they just are not an ideal water source for chameleons.

The water is also changed every other day and yhe waterfall is cleaned once a month.

has you cham ever pooped in it? If not, there may be a day when he does and you may not be around to clean it out before he drinks out of it. Probably not a good idea to drink water that has been tainted by feces. Me, I wouldn't take the chance, no matter how cool it may look in your enclosure. The choice is up to you if you want to take the chance.

I don't understand what your looking for here. Why even ask if you already know it all?

Will your chameleon drink from a water fall? If he gets thirsty enough Im sure he will. It still doesn't make it an IDEAL water source.

What about if it doesn't drink from it like i cover it or something I mainly have it for humidity reasons

There is better ways to get your humidity up and stable.

You could add more live plants or wrap a couple sides of your cage with a shower curtain. This is way safer for your cham and alot less work for you;)

Search humidity and u will find ways to get it up. Take out the waterfall. Not to sound rude but stop trying to find alternate ways to keep it in. Just get it out.

I understand that you may be reluctant to get rid of it if you feel like you're wasting a perfectly good $20-30, but there aren't any really good reasons to keep it unfortunately. Remember that chams live in trees and would never really go down to a stream or river to drink unless they were really thirsty. They're going to respond a lot more to simulated rain and water droplets on branches and leaves than a little bubbling watery thing on the floor of their cage.

You'll be better off investing $20 in a pump sprayer from Lowes or Home depot and misting him with that, and then putting more plants and/or covering two or 3 sides of the enclosure in plastic to keep the humidity up. But heavy misting should do the trick in most environments, I think.

What about if it doesn't drink from it like i cover it or something I mainly have it for humidity reasons

called mist king..the new begginer set up is 99 bucks..you spent at least 40 or 50 on the waterfall..sell it on ebay get the mister, and when you see it in action you will love it!!

Back
Top Bottom