How to keep humidity up

Onnie.g

So I have a 2 month old veiled camillion not sure if it's Male or female yet I bought a new cage because the cage I had was very tall and I was afraid it was too much room for him to find his food I have a Reptazoo tank now not sure how to keep the humidity up on his tank due to it not being glass if anyone has any idea please let me know I spray his tank about 10 to 15 times a day And he has a big sponge full of water at the top also a Waterfall type drinking dispenser at the bottom the humidity and the tank is staying around thirty to forty during the day and sixty at night i know the humidity needs to be higher but i don't know what else to do

Attachments

• 16684389560054393950213241709859.jpg
    16684389560054393950213241709859.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1668438967076746096906039173253.jpg
    1668438967076746096906039173253.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 16684389784655732496961218416279.jpg
    16684389784655732496961218416279.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 16684389885024963863884881929923.jpg
    16684389885024963863884881929923.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 63
You can wrap a shower curtain around the 3 sides and leave the front mesh. Thats what the northern folk do in winter. Still plenty of air flow since the lights will cause hot air to rise.

Awesome....thank you...I'm definitely up north but not from here so never ran into a humidity problem. Will try this n get back to u

I'm having a similar issue too! my panther cham enclosure is staying around high 50%s and after misting goes on it stays around middle 60% and i need to get it to 70-100% at night! but I refuse to wrap the cage as it makes it unaesthetically pleasing so im trying to figure something out because I'm a new cham owner soon too :)

I'm having a similar issue too! my panther cham enclosure is staying around high 50%s and after misting goes on it stays around middle 60% and i need to get it to 70-100% at night! but I refuse to wrap the cage as it makes it unaesthetically pleasing so im trying to figure something out because I'm a new cham owner soon too 

So honestly I just took a wet Towln put it on the top n one side n it stayed at 100 all nighte

I know it's not the prettiest but if you're only trying to keep it up at night time it worked for me only done at last night but I took a towel and put warm water on it not completely wet but extra damp and just stuck it on the top and let it drape over the back side of the cage where the wall is and it kept it at 100 all night...but if u find out something better pls lemme know!!!

I used a very thin plexiglass/lexan on both sides and a thick plastic table cover for the back. I screwed the plexiglass to the cage. I screwed the plastic table cover to the back, only at the top. I can adjust the table cover, based on humidity needs, up or down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221115_101114_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221115_101114_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 55
I know it's not the prettiest but if you're only trying to keep it up at night time it worked for me only done at last night but I took a towel and put warm water on it not completely wet but extra damp and just stuck it on the top and let it drape over the back side of the cage where the wall is and it kept it at 100 all night...but if u find out something better pls lemme know!!!
I will use you method temporarily! I'm probably gonna to wait for for my basking temps to drop after they turn off then i will have a bottom mister to fog the enclosure up :) which should get it to 100%

I'm having a similar issue too! my panther cham enclosure is staying around high 50%s and after misting goes on it stays around middle 60% and i need to get it to 70-100% at night! but I refuse to wrap the cage as it makes it unaesthetically pleasing so im trying to figure something out because I'm a new cham owner soon too :)
I didn’t like the looks of it either so what I did with my temporary enclosure a reptabrez I cut clear pieces of 8 inch acrylic put them on all three sides and the top half of the door permanently with silicone then for the bottom half of the door I cut a piece that was fairly tight and put small hinges on it , that way during the day I can open it up to allow for airflow . at night I close the entire thing up and pump it full of fog . he’s never been healthier daytime humidity around 50% nighttime over 90 works very well 😊

I didn’t like the looks of it either so what I did with my temporary enclosure a reptabrez I cut clear pieces of 8 inch acrylic put them on all three sides and the top half of the door permanently with silicone then for the bottom half of the door I cut a piece that was fairly tight and put small hinges on it , that way during the day I can open it up to allow for airflow . at night I close the entire thing up and pump it full of fog . he’s never been healthier daytime humidity around 50% nighttime over 90 works very well 😊
Omg that sounds amazing!! if you Dont mind personally texting me so that I can get a video of your setup thank you!!

Because you can't sent videos on the forum :(

Omg that sounds amazing!! if you Dont mind personally texting me so that I can get a video of your setup thank you!!
Sure I’ll try to get something when I get home , but it’s pretty easy Home Depot sells 1/8 inch acrylic it’s super easy to cut with a Skil saw just lay it flat on some plywood that you can cut into . Cut it to size stick a glob of silicone in all four corners I left the screens on and stick it on . I use gorilla tape to hold it in place till it dries . It’s really not rocket science

Sure I’ll try to get something when I get home , but it’s pretty easy Home Depot sells 1/8 inch acrylic it’s super easy to cut with a Skil saw just lay it flat on some plywood that you can cut into . Cut it to size stick a glob of silicone in all four corners I left the screens on and stick it on . I use gorilla tape to hold it in place till it dries . It’s really not rocket science
Home Depot will cut your acrylic for you.

Back
Top Bottom