Water treatment

charliebear22

Hello, I apologize in advance for my newbie questions. :)
I have tried searching the forums and cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for.
I have a young (actual age unknown) veiled chameleon and I am wondering about water treatment. I live in Canada and have hard water. I mist by hand, and haven't been able to get my hands on some Reptisafe (local suppliers all out, even some mail order suppliers are having stock issues). Can I use my fish water conditioner? (I'm a freshwater hobbiest, but don't use RO as I raise Africans that like the hard water) I have been using this and often my container of water sits overnight anyways. Will this harm my little guy?
thank you very much for any feedback you can offer! (when I get home and get all the particulars for your helpform, I will fill it out and post in this thread)

Theres lot of factors when it comes to water. I dont trust my local tap water so i use bottled RO/distilled. I bet canadas water is pretty clean so you may be safe, but if you live in a house or whatever that has old copper or metal pipes you may want to think about using bottled.

also if i ever do treat water for anything i use fish water conditioner. I think some of the reptile ones suck, ive seen them get foamy.

water treatments

i would be wary of using an aquarium water conditioner , for instance jungle laboritories "start right contains " allentoin, the effects of which (in terms of reptile consumption) are vague at best. jmo

Back
Top Bottom