Mist King blockage-learning experience

dinomom

Chameleon Enthusiast
My Mist King in large Meller's enclosure has been losing pressure and barely working for some time. Most of the nozzles were replaced, only to work for a bit and quickly peter out. I have always used only reverse osmosis water as my tap water is nearly 300ppm..

I did all of the following: Re-primed the pump, disconnected it and connected a brand new Mist King, checked all the tubing for kinks.

This left me with the reservoir. Looking down into a 35 gallon 31" tall cistern I could make out a filter (I had never used one before).

Realized that must be the problem, and after emptying 35 gallons into an empty drum I found the pictured filter. I remember having about 2 weeks of water with too high a hardness back in the summer (I forgot to check it) and this is what happened!
20240207_104802.jpg

I offer this as a learning lesson to prevent someone else from going crazy like I was. Looking at it now it seems very obvious but I had a lot of frustration.

Wow! I wouldn’t have thought to check the filter thing. I’d be buying new mist heads and fussing with everything but that. Great catch & info! 😃

Back
Top Bottom