What water to use in MistKing

I’ve always used regular tap, hard water. I have to take the front of the nozzles off and clean them with vinigar a couple times a year is all. Also, I learned in my aquarium days that if you let water sit for 24 hours it will dissipate the chlorine out and not have to use water stabilizer when doing water changes, so that’s also what I’ve always done for the chams. Fill a bucket 24 hours before maintenance, then dump that bucket into my reservoir, and use it from there.

If I had an RO system I’d go that route but I am yet to need to go that way.
Have you ever had an issue with the actual mistking having issues with tap water? Or just the nozzles?

Have you ever had an issue with the actual mistking having issues with tap water? Or just the nozzles?
Just the nozzles, never had an issue with the pump. I ran it for about 3 years with it before I got out of chams. Just got back in and using CliMist this round. Only been running for a week but suspect similar results. Nozzle cleaning but not other issues.

Just the nozzles, never had an issue with the pump. I ran it for about 3 years with it before I got out of chams. Just got back in and using CliMist this round. Only been running for a week but suspect similar results. Nozzle cleaning but not other issues.
cool good to know.

I have well water. Its just softened and ran through at 2 stage filter. No RO or DI. I never had clogs. Do get the white powder on the leaves though.

I was using RO till I started going through 50 gallons a week the RO system couldn’t keep up . Currently using well water which is still 100% clean water, but it is hard water so I have mineral deposits my first mist king system that was running for almost 2 1/2 years finally had to be taken apart i’ve ordered new Mister heads and I’m currently soaking the older heads in white vinegar . I’ll give them a try After they’ve soaked a day or two . But currently I’m trying to find a system that will store a lot more filtered water. It wouldn’t be nice. If they had a system like what @Beman was talking about for your home .
I love my RO unit, 100 gallons of RO/day and very very easy to maintain. Bulkreefsupply.com :)

Back
Top Bottom