Mist King starter system question?

KanjiTora

My chameleons get here on Thursday, and I have their homes set-up for them. For now, my plan is to mist them twice a day with a hand held mister. I'll also provide a dripper as well at the top of their enclosure. I've been researching the MistKing starter kit and was wondering if I can use that to mist two enclosures at the same time? Or do I need to buy the advanced version for that? And the screen top wedge add-on that you buy separately to mounting nozzles. Is that something you have to buy, or do you just cut a hole in the top of the screen and put the nozzle through the hole?

The starter system can handle up to ten single mist heads, or five doubles. Unless you have plans to get more chameleons, the starter system will work fine for you. The wedge is very helpful and prevents the mist heads from tearing thru and potentially falling thru the screen top. The mist heads really do need the support. I had cheaped out before and used a piece of the plastic that I had cut out from the lid of a bug bin, but it looked crappy and wasn’t as firm of a support. It’s since been replaced with a real wedge.

The starter system can handle up to ten single mist heads, or five doubles. Unless you have plans to get more chameleons, the starter system will work fine for you. The wedge is very helpful and prevents the mist heads from tearing thru and potentially falling thru the screen top. The mist heads really do need the support. I had cheaped out before and used a piece of the plastic that I had cut out from the lid of a bug bin, but it looked crappy and wasn’t as firm of a support. It’s since been replaced with a real wedge.

How do you install the wedge? Do you cut a piece of the screen off?

How do you install the wedge? Do you cut a piece of the screen off?
Yikes! No. It comes with some self-tapping screws and you attach the wedge to the frame. I believe it’s supposed to be installed on the inside, but I attached to the outside (I always have to do things differently or wrong). Plan carefully where you want your mist head to be before attaching and making any holes in the screen. I have always put my mist heads in the back, but it’s been a headache every time I need to change a mist head or do anything. I’ve moved most now to the front for easier access.

Yikes! No. It comes with some self-tapping screws and you attach the wedge to the frame. I believe it’s supposed to be installed on the inside, but I attached to the outside (I always have to do things differently or wrong). Plan carefully where you want your mist head to be before attaching and making any holes in the screen. I have always put my mist heads in the back, but it’s been a headache every time I need to change a mist head or do anything. I’ve moved most now to the front for easier access.
Lol I put my first wedge outside too 😅

The starter doesn't come with wedges ,and just one nozzel , and you will need t connector/ s to spilt the tube from your first viv to your second

Attachments

• 20230516_203459.jpg
    20230516_203459.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 49
I would suggest buying double nozzle heads vs single. You’ll also need a large receptacle to hold the water. I use a 5 gallon bucket. Some use the super large clear plastic tall bins designed to hold bags of pet food. There’s also a special size drill bit that is suggested to make the hole for the bulkhead. For my first system, I couldn’t find the size anywhere so used the closest I had and carefully made it a tad larger until I had a nice snug fit. For my second system, I had found the drill bit finally and it didn’t give as snug of a fit.
Just curious if you’ve given thought of what kind of water you’ll be using. Most tap waters contain minerals which will eventually clog up the system. Some use distilled water and some use reverse osmosis. For both you can buy it or make your own, I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOG63OY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 It hooks/unhooks to the sink faucet very easily when you need to use.

Agreed-since sooner or later every cham decides to hang on them.....

Back
Top Bottom