RO vs RODI

Ventura

Hi all,
I currently have an RO/DI membrane for my fish tank. For misting and fogging of reptiles I am currently using distilled water, but I plan on getting a separate RO membrane for misting & fogging. In the reef tank community, the general consensus is that while RO water is safe to drink, RODI water is, in fact, not safe when consumed regularly or long-term for both humans and animals (for more info on the argument/reefing consensus, see this page on the reefing forum: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/is-rodi-water-safe-to-drink.661030/).

However, browsing the cham forums, it seems like the general consensus is that RODI is safe. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I have only ever heard of using an RO filter with chams.

I just looked up RODI and that said you should not drink it. So I would go with what your reef community is saying and avoid it for a chameleon since they do need to drink it.

I have only ever heard of using an RO filter with chams.

I just looked up RODI and that said you should not drink it. So I would go with what your reef community is saying and avoid it for a chameleon since they do need to drink it.
Completely agree, was just curious as to what people here thought about it because when I put RODI into the search bar it seemed like there are some that use DI

Back
Top Bottom