Wanting to make my own raindome

GlassEyez

Just like the title says. I know i can acquire tubing and a plastic container at walmart or home depot for cheap. Prolly just order the mist nozzle online if i cant find one. The main thing im unsure of is what type of pump do i need to get??

either way, aquazamp and mistking both have pumps that are pretty silent and durable. Ive got a mistking setup, created my own rain dome and didnt like it.

I work construction n build hospitals etc i am very capable of building. I built the stereo in my car. Did over 142db with 1 sub. I do not have the extra $120-150 to buy a raindome or mistking at this point in time. Im not worried about noise as im gone 11+hrs a day. What type of pump do i need?

As a compleat DYI guy I can tell you its way more cost efffective to go the mistking route. The pump alone is about 60 and a decent timer is 30 thats 90 right there before you even get to the nozzles and tubing. The dome you can make with a plastic bolw and a nozzle but I would invest in the rest of the system.
I too build car systems and held the canadian record for two subs for a few years.

Nice what type vehicle n what subs? I cant seem to get any answers so i guess my lil guy will continue long dry days till i can get the money up for the raindome

Nice what type vehicle n what subs? I cant seem to get any answers so i guess my lil guy will continue long dry days till i can get the money up for the raindome

Uh you got your answer right here ..

As a compleat DYI guy I can tell you its way more cost efffective to go the mistking route. The pump alone is about 60 and a decent timer is 30 thats 90 right there before you even get to the nozzles and tubing. The dome you can make with a plastic bolw and a nozzle but I would invest in the rest of the system.
I too build car systems and held the canadian record for two subs for a few years.

It wont save you any money doing a DIY in my opinion, for the exact reasons posted above. A starter kit form Mistking and a DIY raindome will be your cheapest route.

I simply wanted to know what type of pump is used. I can get a good timer at home depot for 15 and im sure i could find an adequate pump at a store or on ebay/online. Im a very resourceful person. I feel that my question hasnt been answered because you are basically forcing me to spend my money with a forum supporter or whatever. If i look into it and it would be cheaper to get the aquazamp then i will go that route, however it seems i will have to look into these things myself seeing how i am not getting any help here. Thanks for your responses.

If you got the money i'd just order the Mistking Starter Kit w/ 1 or 2 Mist King Rain Nozzles.

If you get one MistKing Rain Nozzle, Stick a regular nozzle in the corner to water your plants/keep the humidity up.

MistKing Starter:
http://www.mistking.com/Starter-Misting-System-MKMSN.html

MistKing Rain Nozzle:
http://www.mistking.com/Adjustable-Rain-Nozzle.html

MistKing T connector (You need this if you want 2 rain domes):
http://www.mistking.com/Premium-1-4-T-Connector.html

I went ahead and bought 2 Rain Nozzles. I love everything about them, they're not messy, hardly get any over spray, and my cham isn't getting sprayed directly in his face. It just comes down ontop of him.

Theres tons of cheaper ways to do things, but I didn't have the time to go out and make one. Made it so much easier just buying it already made for you. Just had to put it together and attach it to my MistKing.

Cost about $60 bucks for the 2 nozzles + T Link shipped. Canada Shipping is about $25 bucks to the U.S.

I was using a civic and 2 earthquake 12"s and D3 5000w mono block. 158.9 db highest 155's all day

Ok so here is a setup for the cheapest dyi water system.

cheap timer ( wont do seconds but min will be fine )
Get a water fountain pump with the most lift and pressure you can afford, it will prob have a 1/2" outlet, get a reduced from 1/2" to 1/4" adpter and a 1/4 t connector.
run the pump into the 1/2" to 1/4" reducer and them to the 1/4" tubing, then to the T, go out of the t and make a loop to go around the top of the cage. In that loop poke a bunch of tiny holes with a thumb tac ( facing down into the cage. )
Then when the pump goes it will fill the lines and the exxess pressure will drain out through the holes into your cage. The smaller pumps dont create alot of pressure so it will be more of a drip ring, creating a rain as it accumulates and dripps throught the screen.
You will have to keep the pump and resivior within the lift range of the pump, which may mean raising the pimp and resivior.
Hope that makes sence.

Here is a quick pic I drew
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351969808.965619.jpg

Thank you so much Hoj and GabeCastro. I really appreciate it. Sticktongue no thanks to you. You seem like you are trying to push the mistking product. Understandable but next time keep ur opinions to urself. I asked a simple question i didnt want a sales rep trying to convince me to spend more money than i have. Again Hoj and Gabe thanks much i will look into this n hopefully have something setup in next couple days

Thank you so much Hoj and GabeCastro. I really appreciate it. Sticktongue no thanks to you. You seem like you are trying to push the mistking product. Understandable but next time keep ur opinions to urself. I asked a simple question i didnt want a sales rep trying to convince me to spend more money than i have. Again Hoj and Gabe thanks much i will look into this n hopefully have something setup in next couple days

Honestly, you can stick it!!

In no way am i a sales rep for mistking or Aquazamp. I have seen others attempt at building a system and they always go and buy a system shortly after. So, they spent money on a DIY AND a system. From what I HAVE SEEN in stores, to me it seemed like it'd cost about the same if you did a DIY or if you bought from MK or AZ. As you'll notice, Hoj and others suggested the exact same thing as i did. So why am i the bad guy here?

I did not come off in a mean way. people tend to overlook answers given because they dont want to hear that answer. That is why i pointed out that you got an answer for Hoj already. If i came off with an attitude, i'm sorry. did not mean it that way.

If you dont like advice taken by other people that have been around longer and have seen threads exactly like this before, then dont reply to the response. I was trying to be helpful.

I am very happy to help, As a mod i must point out that your comments to Stickytounge are uncalled for and inapropriate.
No one is trying to push the Mistking on you they are just trying to give you their best opinion.
It really is the way to go but all chams need water and if you cant afford the system now, I am happy to help, with the info to set something up :)

I am very happy to help, As a mod i must point out that your comments to Stickytounge are uncalled for and inapropriate.
No one is trying to push the Mistking on you they are just trying to give you their best opinion.
It really is the way to go but all chams need water and if you cant afford the system now, I am happy to help, with the info to set something up :)

Yup, Just assuming things can cause a whole bunch of mess.

Especially taking advice from the wiser senior members lurking around these forums.

I myself considered pushing you towards a mistking lol. I'm not a sells rep, But i should be :)

I recommened mistking because I personally use one and have ZERO problems. Also allot of other members use MK and have great success with ZERO problems for years. I've heard great reviews about the AZ, but i haven't had any personal expierence. The mistking has a great timer, comes with tons of tubing, has tons of options for nozzles, etc. Overall it's a great product.

StickTongue did point out something. If you end up spending $70 bucks for a DIY sprayer, you might as well go ahead and spend another $30 bucks and get a MK or AZ. These 2 are really high quality and you won't have any problems. If you do have probelems, theres TONS of members on the forums who can maybe help. Even the owners of the MK & AZ are lurking around the site. So you can always PM them or write them an email for customer service. Plus it's been by far the BEST investment i've made. I actually got my MK off craigslist for $60 bucks :)

I'm all about top quality. I'd rather suffer for a short term spending the money then slowly appreciate my investment in the long run.

But, if you know what you're doing and have experience with installing sprinklers, misters, etc. Then go for a DIY set up :)

No ones here trying to come off harsh, just sometimes when you read things you never know how they're coming off. You can't really "hear" their tone of voice UNLESS THEY'RE USING CAPS!!! hahaha

Let us know what you decide on!

Gabe

Its whatever. I asked a simple question as to what type of pump would be used. And felt that i was being force fed the mistking. But obviously everyone seems to suggest that over a diy so i guess i might need to save a few pennies and just get one. It just seems to me that such a simple mechanism could be built at home for less than $100 and work just as well. I mean we arent building a computer here, but then again its pretty easy to build a pc also. My apologies for any disrespect, i am still new to the whole cham thing and just jumped off the wrong way. Sorry fellers no hard feelings? I mean we are all animal lovers after all right?

Here's an idea, exchange numbers and have a chat (lol) :D I'm sure we can resolve this without countless casualties!

The pump used is a diaphragm type pump.

To purchase one of these pumps with similar ratings (which I dont have on hand, but can easily be found on MK AZ websites) will run you $100-250 USD.

A fountain pump will trickle water from a line, which is/can be useful, but its no rain.

Hand mistings best! ;D

Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom