new keeper, want to make sure im not getting to much wrong

Dom?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - ambilobe panther, male, ~1 year old, 3 weeks in my care
  • Handling - only when i put him in his enclosure.
  • Feeding - Dubia and crickets, 2/3 of each, every other day. I feed them mango ,carrots and collared greens?
  • Supplements - earthpro from arcadia, i dust feeders every time.
  • Watering - i mist with a mist king and use a humidifier at night as a fogger, i follow cham academy's misting and fog schedule, i have not seen him drink since im not home when lights go on.
  • Fecal Description - i haven't seen any fresh poop, when i do find it its dried up from the lights. never had him tested for anything.
  • History - none.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - i have a screen turned into a hybrid with plastic bags, dimensions are 18/18/36(i have ordered a 4x2x4 from zenhabitats, waiting for shipping)
  • Lighting - reptisun, t5 5.0, 8-8 for uvb, 8:15 - 4:15 for heat
  • Temperature - ~73 durring the day and ~85 basking. temps get to around 65 at night? im using a digital temp and hygrometer?
  • Humidity - ~40 during day and 70+ at night? mist king and a humidifier? digital hygrometer?
  • Plants -pothos, fiscus, and monstera
  • Placement - cage is in my bedroom on a desk. top of the cage is around 6ft off the floor.
  • Location - Pennsylvania

Current Problem - He is stressed out and i want to say its because of the humidity. i dont really have any ideas on what else i can do for him. (the picture of him bring was the day i brought him home.)

Attachments

• IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4185.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4124.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 40
See feedback and questions in red bold. :)

Chameleon Info:
  • Feeding - Dubia and crickets, 2/3 of each, every other day. I feed them mango ,carrots and collared greens? At his age you will be feeding 4-5 feeders every other day. Expand on your gutload see image below. You want more leafy greens.
  • Supplements - earthpro from arcadia, i dust feeders every time. Which one are you using they have a few? Can you post a picture for me of the label? Are you using a multivitamin?
  • Watering - i mist with a mist king and use a humidifier at night as a fogger, i follow cham academy's misting and fog schedule, i have not seen him drink since im not home when lights go on. Make sure you are misting in the morning and in the evening. Otherwise he will not have an opportunity to drink if needed.
  • Fecal Description - i haven't seen any fresh poop, when i do find it its dried up from the lights. never had him tested for anything. Fecal tests are a good idea. Especially depending on where you purchased him from.
  • History - none. Where did you get him from?
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - i have a screen turned into a hybrid with plastic bags, dimensions are 18/18/36(i have ordered a 4x2x4 from zenhabitats, waiting for shipping) So this is part of the issue. IT is far too small. Make sure your trash bags are unscented.
  • Temperature - ~73 durring the day and ~85 basking. temps get to around 65 at night? im using a digital temp and hygrometer? Are you using a temp gauge with a probe to get your basking temp?
  • Humidity - ~40 during day and 70+ at night? mist king and a humidifier? digital hygrometer? Make sure the humidifier is not running during the day. These are not bad levels as long as they are correct.
  • Placement - cage is in my bedroom on a desk. top of the cage is around 6ft off the floor. Anything around the cage that he can see? mirror, string lights, other animals, window?
Current Problem - He is stressed out and i want to say its because of the humidity. i dont really have any ideas on what else i can do for him. (the picture of him bring was the day i brought him home.) I do not think it is humidity. 40% is a fine daytime level even though 50% is a bit better.
chameleon-gutload.jpg

hope this is good.
Are you positive that is a reptisun T5 fixture and bulb? Looks more like the T8 fixture.

What is the total distance between the bottom of the fixture and the branches below it?

What bulb wattage and type are you using for the heat fixture?

Are you positive that is a reptisun T5 fixture and bulb? Looks more like the T8 fixture.

What is the total distance between the bottom of the fixture and the branches below it?

What bulb wattage and type are you using for the heat fixture?
it says t5 on the bulb, housing is just odd looking. When i get my new enclosure im going to switch him over to a arcadia t5. Its 5 inches from the branch to t5. i have a 75 watt bulb in a mini deep dome fixture from zoomed.

See feedback and questions in red bold. :)

Chameleon Info:
  • Feeding - Dubia and crickets, 2/3 of each, every other day. I feed them mango ,carrots and collared greens? At his age you will be feeding 4-5 feeders every other day. Expand on your gutload see image below. You want more leafy greens.
  • Supplements - earthpro from arcadia, i dust feeders every time. Which one are you using they have a few? Can you post a picture for me of the label? Are you using a multivitamin?
  • Watering - i mist with a mist king and use a humidifier at night as a fogger, i follow cham academy's misting and fog schedule, i have not seen him drink since im not home when lights go on. Make sure you are misting in the morning and in the evening. Otherwise he will not have an opportunity to drink if needed.
  • Fecal Description - i haven't seen any fresh poop, when i do find it its dried up from the lights. never had him tested for anything. Fecal tests are a good idea. Especially depending on where you purchased him from.
  • History - none. Where did you get him from?
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - i have a screen turned into a hybrid with plastic bags, dimensions are 18/18/36(i have ordered a 4x2x4 from zenhabitats, waiting for shipping) So this is part of the issue. IT is far too small. Make sure your trash bags are unscented.
  • Temperature - ~73 durring the day and ~85 basking. temps get to around 65 at night? im using a digital temp and hygrometer? Are you using a temp gauge with a probe to get your basking temp?
  • Humidity - ~40 during day and 70+ at night? mist king and a humidifier? digital hygrometer? Make sure the humidifier is not running during the day. These are not bad levels as long as they are correct.
  • Placement - cage is in my bedroom on a desk. top of the cage is around 6ft off the floor. Anything around the cage that he can see? mirror, string lights, other animals, window?
Current Problem - He is stressed out and i want to say its because of the humidity. i dont really have any ideas on what else i can do for him. (the picture of him bring was the day i brought him home.) I do not think it is humidity. 40% is a fine daytime level even though 50% is a bit better.
View attachment 336459

i give him 6 or so feeders in total, he normally easts 3-4 and then just looks at the rest.
i have a inferred thermometer, thats how i check his basking temp.
last time i tried to give him his multi vitamin he didnt eat any bugs that day. im on a 2 week schedule for multi and im waiting for the 30th.

Attachments

• IMG_4188.jpg
    IMG_4188.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 36
i give him 6 or so feeders in total, he normally easts 3-4 and then just looks at the rest.
last time i tried to give him his multi vitamin he didnt eat any bugs that day. im on a 2 week schedule for multi and im waiting for the 30th.
and i got him from a local reptile store.

it says t5 on the bulb, housing is just odd looking. When i get my new enclosure im going to switch him over to a arcadia t5. Its 5 inches from the branch to t5. i have a 75 watt bulb in a mini deep dome fixture from zoomed.
Ok so with the T5 and a 5.0 bulb you have to have 8-9 inches from the bottom of the fixture to the branch to put the cham in the correct UVI level. Where he is at now coming up off the branch he is in extreme over exposure levels. Make sure you raise the 75 watt up off the screen if the distance is the same. Too close and he is at risk for a thermal burn from the heat lamp.
If your using a temp gun it is only going to measure surface temp so I would get a guage that has a probe that you can put at basking branch below the heat to get an accurate temp.
WIth the reptivite it does not have D3. You have to use a multivitmain with D3 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. I prefer repashy calcium plus LoD version for this. Your arcadia product Earthpro CA is fine to use. It is just plain calcium it does not have the added water soluble vitamins that EpA has. This would be your every feed supplement unless it is a multivitamin day.
and i got him from a local reptile store.
I would get a fecal tested to make sure he does not have a parasite load. I would do this before you move to the larger Zen cage.

Back
Top Bottom