Just want thoughts and opinions!

Hello! I’m very interested in your guys thoughts! Please give this post a read and let me know what you think!

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Female Veiled Cham. Have had Since April 9th 2023 was told she was 2 years old, no date or general time frame.
    IMG_2684.jpeg
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once or twice a week to take her outside to let her bask on her hibiscus tree. I’ll hold her for 5-10 minutes and put her back even though she shows no signs of distress

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 3 to 4 medium Dubais as her main feeder. Super worms,hornworm for variety and unfortunately green housefly’s and gnats that inevitably fly into her cage because of the summer season.
  • Everytime dusted in calcium w/o d3 and once every two weeks calcium with D3 and a scoop of bee pollen

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist 30 minutes before her lights turn on 7:00 and 30 minutes after they turn off 8:00 and I mist once during the day. I have a hand pump mister I mist her for around a minute and never spray her. When I got her she was malnourished and did not have proper husbandry. So when I took her into my home and she finally had an opportunity to drink she didn’t hesitate and that’s apart of her character now I believe, everytime I mist her she goes wild and starts flicking her tongue at all her plants

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? She has never been to a vet. all normal poop observed!

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Her last cage was 18x20 and she had the same t5ho for 2 years. And she never had any real plants either all plastic. She was fed 2 super worms every other day and misted once in the morning. :(

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I bought a cage built for squirrels off of Facebook marketplace, I cleaned it really good and wrapped the sides with window wrap. It is 58x30
    IMG_3087.jpeg
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I’m using a zoo-med heat bulb , a t5 ho ubv light and an Arcadia jungle dawn 34 watt. All lights on and off at 7:30
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75/80 degrees at the top and 68/70 at the bottom during the day. At night her cage reaches between 50/60 degrees. Digital hygrometer/thermometer combo

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 35/50 % during the day and 60/75 % at night. A digital hygrometer and an old fashioned one.

• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Hibiscus,umbrella tree,golden pothos, monstera andinsonii, and a money tree

• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My cage is 4 inches off the floor. In the corner of my room next to my bed. Not much traffic in my bedroom. She is next to a sliding glass door though. She’s doesn’t have any fans or vents pointed towards her.
    IMG_3088.jpeg
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Kansas City , MO

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. she’s getting a little chubby. And it’s not because she’s pregnant. It’s because she keeps eating all of her plants. How to avoid this or decrease her eating them so much? And I just want general thoughts and opinions on her setup and schedule.

Thank you guys so much!! Whoever made it this far and read all this, please leave a comment for me!!

Last edited:
You said…”she’s getting a little chubby. And it’s not because she’s pregnant. It’s because she keeps eating all of her plants”…how do you know she’s not pregnant? Do you have an egg lying bin in her cage? How often do you feed her?

You said… “How to avoid this or decrease her eating them so much?”… I know of no way to stop her from eating the plants…it’s something veiled females are known to do….they strip plants bare of leaves.

You said…”she’s getting a little chubby. And it’s not because she’s pregnant. It’s because she keeps eating all of her plants”…how do you know she’s not pregnant? Do you have an egg lying bin in her cage? How often do you feed her?

You said… “How to avoid this or decrease her eating them so much?”… I know of no way to stop her from eating the plants…it’s something veiled females are known to do….they strip plants bare of leaves.
Im pretty sure she’s not pregnant. because when I got her the last owner said she had just laid a clutch of eggs a month prior. 43 of them!!

And I do have a proper laying bin in her cage ! I watched a chameleon academy video and followed his (except I didn’t put a plant in mine)

And I put her feeding schedule in the post.

I got her almost 3 months ago and she laid eggs about 4 Months ago so it’s possible…

I got her almost 3 months ago and she laid eggs about 4 Months ago so it’s possible…
My girl lays every 4 months, therefore it‘s reasonable yours slowly is producing eggs. You got a lay bin and you should be fine. The plant eating could be because of the flies she shoots at and accidentally take in a leaf. 3 times a week 3-4 medium sized feeders should be enough (Couldn’t directly read it in your post).

I love her enclosure! I hope I can do something bigger eventually! I don’t have any real feed back as I only started keeping my chameleon a couple months before you, and it is also my first one. But I think your doing a great job ☺️💚 it’s so rewarding to see animals who weren’t given the best start thrive and you can tell she is spoiled by you 🤗

Hello! I’m very interested in your guys thoughts! Please give this post a read and let me know what you think!

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Female Veiled Cham. Have had Since April 9th 2023 was told she was 2 years old, no date or general time frame.View attachment 339750
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once or twice a week to take her outside to let her bask on her hibiscus tree. I’ll hold her for 5-10 minutes and put her back even though she shows no signs of distress

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? 3 to 4 medium Dubais as her main feeder. Super worms,hornworm for variety and unfortunately green housefly’s and gnats that inevitably fly into her cage because of the summer season.
  • Everytime dusted in calcium w/o d3 and once every two weeks calcium with D3 and a scoop of bee pollen

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist 30 minutes before her lights turn on 7:00 and 30 minutes after they turn off 8:00 and I mist once during the day. I have a hand pump mister I mist her for around a minute and never spray her. When I got her she was malnourished and did not have proper husbandry. So when I took her into my home and she finally had an opportunity to drink she didn’t hesitate and that’s apart of her character now I believe, everytime I mist her she goes wild and starts flicking her tongue at all her plants

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? She has never been to a vet. all normal poop observed!

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Her last cage was 18x20 and she had the same t5ho for 2 years. And she never had any real plants either all plastic. She was fed 2 super worms every other day and misted once in the morning. :(

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I bought a cage built for squirrels off of Facebook marketplace, I cleaned it really good and wrapped the sides with window wrap. It is 58x30 View attachment 339748
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I’m using a zoo-med heat bulb , a t5 ho ubv light and an Arcadia jungle dawn 34 watt. All lights on and off at 7:30
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 75/80 degrees at the top and 68/70 at the bottom during the day. At night her cage reaches between 50/60 degrees. Digital hygrometer/thermometer combo

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 35/50 % during the day and 60/75 % at night. A digital hygrometer and an old fashioned one.

• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Hibiscus,umbrella tree,golden pothos, monstera andinsonii, and a money tree

• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My cage is 4 inches off the floor. In the corner of my room next to my bed. Not much traffic in my bedroom. She is next to a sliding glass door though. She’s doesn’t have any fans or vents pointed towards her. View attachment 339749
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Kansas City , MO

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. she’s getting a little chubby. And it’s not because she’s pregnant. It’s because she keeps eating all of her plants. How to avoid this or decrease her eating them so much? And I just want general thoughts and opinions on her setup and schedule.

Thank you guys so much!! Whoever made it this far and read all this, please leave a comment for me!!

She is so cute, I like her. And if you are finding the best essay writer for you, visit this https://studyclerk.com/powerpoint-presentation-writer website. I needed my report urgently, and they delivered it without compromising on quality and on time. That is why I am recommending that website link.
She is so cute, I like her <3

Back
Top Bottom