WAIT IS OVER! new cham+ custom cage

Tputtwhatwhat

Just wanted to post some pictures of the cage I built, and of course the cham that I built it for (MY FIRST CHAM!!!!!) The cage is nothing compared to some of the custom builds I've seen on the forums, but I'm happy with it overall. Oh, I do plan on getting it up off the ground soon... I think the setup is pretty complete... my cham( no name yet) seems very content with it!!!

Attachments

• 1 cage.jpg
    1 cage.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 2cage.jpg
    2cage.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 303
  • cage 3.jpg
    cage 3.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 258
  • cage 444.jpg
    cage 444.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 253
  • chameleon.jpg
    chameleon.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 253
Very nice cham and cage! I'd just add a few more plants to the cage and put the cage a little higher off the ground and you are all set!!

Alright thanks! Also, Do I ABSOLUTELY need to repot the hanging plant with organic soil/ put rocks over the soil as I did with the schefflera? the branches on the pothos are so crowded, that I would have a hard time covering the soil with rocks....

Alright thanks! Also, Do I ABSOLUTELY need to repot the hanging plant with organic soil/ put rocks over the soil as I did with the schefflera? the branches on the pothos are so crowded, that I would have a hard time covering the soil with rocks....

I think its fine if the soil is not fertilized and clumpy. Some people let their chams eat soil. If your supplementing right..I don't think you should have to worry about the cham eating it

and try to get the cage at list a few feet off the floor

yeah I definitely will! I had some legs on it, but it was just WAY too wobbly. I'm planning on getting a corner shelf to put it up on. Oh, and on a side note... this cage was suppose to go in my bedroom, but being the idiot that I am, when I measured the doorways into the house, I only measured the exterior doors!! so stupid!!! My great-grandpa once built a dog house in the basement, and then couldn't get it up the stairs... so I'm just trying to find humor in it. If I decide I NEED it in a bedroom, I can take the two main panels apart....

coooolll... very nicely done! it looks just like my chams cage except yours is much more awesome because of the cut diamond shape... mines just rectangular... like a big shoebox sitting longways... but about the same size and wood same color... as for a name... i like hippie :D cause of all the colors... thats just my opinion tho... i like the not so obvious names, not like cammie or leon lol... or how about wood stock hehe psychadellic dude! jk anyway, keep us posted when you find something that suits him

btw, after reading these posts, i think im going to need some more plants! :eek: "picasso" has 2 large plants and a hanging pothos like yours and some vines... i feel bad now... i thought his cage looked cluttered lol... guess ill make the trip to the plant store tomorrow

anyway, have fun with your new guy... hes very pretty

PTV- Thanks for the comments. I actually do like the name hippie... he kinda does look like one, lol. but, I had already decided on 'sounder' b/c I'm from seattle, and we have an Major League Soccer team now (seattle sounders) plus I like how is sounds.... oh, and I bought him locally from Chameleons NW.... so its fitting to give him a name with a local meaning. I REALLY hope he developes some rich colors as he grows up (obviously)
I think he will, he changes quite drastically thoughout the day... so much fun to watch!!!!

yeah I definitely will! I had some legs on it, but it was just WAY too wobbly. I'm planning on getting a corner shelf to put it up on. Oh, and on a side note... this cage was suppose to go in my bedroom, but being the idiot that I am, when I measured the doorways into the house, I only measured the exterior doors!! so stupid!!! My great-grandpa once built a dog house in the basement, and then couldn't get it up the stairs... so I'm just trying to find humor in it. If I decide I NEED it in a bedroom, I can take the two main panels apart....

hahahah i just did the same too! i had to litteraly unassemble the whole thing :( over 70 screws, cocking, and a cracked plexiglass window... looks like i am not leaving mom and dad's house for a long while :D:p

Tyler,

I have built a lot of cages, and I think you did a great job on design and finish.

Sandy and Elliot at Chameleons Northwest are breeders with high levels of husbandry, an awesome selection, high ethics, and they are 30 minutes from my home!!

Who are your chams parents?

If you are going to name him after the sounders, we are going to need to get him to fluorescent green........:D

I have 6 beasties, come by and visit me sometime! 253-350-6633:D

Nick

Would you mind posting the dimensions of the cage? Unless I completely missed it in the thread, I didn't see the dimensions. It is really absolutely beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom