Vieled moprhs?

where do these tranlucents and the spotted morphs originate from ?
i think someone said they hatched one but the parents must have had the genetics ,maybe they were from a lab somewhere being experimented on for their genetics ability to change colors ,camflage etc. and these were just one of maybe 10,000's of experiments and they decided to give one to a cham breeder who is connected .theres probably a dozen different true morphs from labs.

Chris

We assume they are genetic, but one poster suggested it looked like burns of some kind. We have not seen this Cham up close and in person. We are only speculating at best.

Also, I see many Veiled that have dark almost black lining around their patterns when they flash color on various websites. It seems fairly common to me. Also in some other varieties such as Mellers. Black is not as uncommon as being suggested on here by some. I have visited probably close to 1000 websites worldwide and I see it everywhere. Even on Panthers from reputable breeders and importers.

I am merely suggesting that before anyone assumes that these are defects, diseases, or new varieties that perhaps we should wait and see what someone with expertise in this area says. And I hope that they examine the animals in person and run tests before they pass some judgement onto a poor animal.

I am just open to it being anything. A disease/defect or a new variety, or perhaps an old throw back variety and this guy lucked out and got one with it's gene pool and gets to say "I had a black Cham back when.......".

Like I said, I was not trying to ruffle any feathers. Just trying to offer a neutral perspective.

Bobbi

it would take someone who works with chameleons in the wild and has vast knowledge about chameleons and genetics. it would most likely take a lab with all kinds of machines etc. to find out if the defects were created by humans.

Blackjack001.jpg

This guy is from Hawaii. I believe that he is probably wild, although, I am not sure.

The translucents look like the black ones to me. In some of those pictures you can see translucent spots on the feet and the one looks like it appears on the tail. This could be what happens when the translucent bloodline is continued for a given amount of time or just the opposite how it starts. They apparently have had the translucents for a way longer time over in Europe so maybe someone with some knowledge there could confirm this or disprove it.

I do agree with Brad, I like the natural looking chameleons. Not to say that this is not a natural occurances but rather something that is abnormal for the species as a whole.

vchameleon01.jpg

Who would argue which is more attractive when you see a veiled like this. Found this picture on the net not mine but I wish it was.

To me this looks like the same thing as translucents.
blackie1.jpg
blackie.jpg
Most of the translucents I saw had grey that surround the see opaque parts. It looks to me to be the same thing. The one picture shows opaqueness on his feet pads and ankles. The next picture I believe is the same chameleon shows opaque on his tail.

I think it is the same thing.

These are genetic mutations that can naturally occur in the wild or in captivity.

We assume they are genetic, but one poster suggested it looked like burns of some kind. We have not seen this Cham up close and in person. We are only speculating at best.
Both cases are examples of genetic mutations. No one is really disputing that.

They originated from WC specimens exhibiting the same traits!

i think someone said they hatched one but the parents must have had the genetics ,maybe they were from a lab somewhere being experimented on for their genetics ability to change colors ,camflage etc. and these were just one of maybe 10,000's of experiments and they decided to give one to a cham breeder who is connected .theres probably a dozen different true morphs from labs.

Are you serious??

This other poster you speak of had similar lack of knowledge of the facts. The fact that its genetic isn't disputed and we know it is genetic from selective breeding!

Also in some other varieties such as Mellers.

No one is saying black is rare, but the way it is exhibited in these animals is not the same thing. Melleri showing back coloration and different pardalis locales is not even close to a valid comparison.

I am merely suggesting that before anyone assumes that these are defects, diseases, or new varieties that perhaps we should wait and see what someone with expertise in this area says. And I hope that they examine the animals in person and run tests before they pass some judgement onto a poor animal.
Bobbi

Umm...this is exactly what this thread is about...Perhaps you should practice what you preach...you obviously don't have all the information that everyone else is posting based on...why are you making assumptions without the facts?

Chris

Last edited:
Now that's good comedy!

I fell out of my chair and haven't been able to stop laughing since I read this. It has to be the most ridiculous theory I have ever heard.

Veiled Morph

Ok this has to be the funniest forum i've ever read. Sorry Chris were not all cham nerds like you. I think if this thread goes any further its rediculous.

cannabis and chameleons are growing more and more similar everyone wants some fruity shit, next year they are going to have any flavor veiled you want with forcefields and scuba gear

Wow so that was long 8 pages. Only time will tell if these chameleons in these different forms survive. you may or may not like them if you dont like the dont buy them if you do just know that they are reletivly new and may or may not have issues. personally i havent heard enough on either side to say it is a good or bad thing. i do know that with dogs breeding practices are the most important thing to the health of the breed.

Wow I totally missed this post and 8 pages later I will admit I did not read all except to the point about red heads.I guess that caught my attention too since I am one! :p As for the veiled, I find it VERY interesting. I am interested to see how these would mutate with a trans. Trans do have some dark pigment through there trans portions so I wonder if this new black pigment is some what of the same gene that causes the trans gene...?
:confused::confused:

I find mutations quite fascinating and these very much catch my attention. Great job on them. Keep the info on them coming!

They look like they are wearing army camo.....I dont know what I think about them...All I know is I wish my threads would get 8 pages of responses!!:p

WOW,,,:eek: I dont know how I missed this thread! honestly I wasnt to thrilled with the ones most recent some people call them pie-bald or translucent. Dont get me wrong they are very innteresting and i like learning more about them . These just look more visually atractive. Just my oppinion. I am suprised I would have expected way more replies, They look real healthy though!
Cool lookin chams right there.:)

Kevin

For some reason these look edited.. Looks like someone went over the pictures with a burn or a darkener. Hah. In a few pictures you can still see the markings under the black... *rolls eyes*

Btw.. Oh Jevin, master of the thread resurrections..

Seeing as everyone else has had a say I might as well throw my opinion in!

I think it's much nicer to have the real genuine article and strive for the best examples of them. I can understand those that want to find 'uniqueness' by finding the most vivid color variations and patterns, but to want to breed specimens that have patches that don't have colour at all seems odd to me, surely their color is one of their best features?

See picture, can you even compair a morph to this??

Attachments

• Chamel1.jpg
    Chamel1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom