Vieled moprhs?

Update

I've had the first clutch of normal x hyper and they all turned out normal. So, I suspect that the genes coding for this melanin is homozygous recessive? Next step is to breed the two normals and if 25% come out with black markings, then it is homozygous recessive?

Thanks
Luke

They're fragile enough when they're not retarted."

'retarted'?............Oh the Irony! :)

I know I am in the minority, but I simply prefer true representations of populations found in the wild. I don't understand the need for the breeding efforts you mention above. There are so many beautiful and interesting chameleon species in nature that we don't know much about. I would much rather see someone putting their efforts into those species than into these manufactured morphs. This is just an opinion.

One I agree with!

I've had the first clutch of normal x hyper and they all turned out normal. So, I suspect that the genes coding for this melanin is homozygous recessive? Next step is to breed the two normals and if 25% come out with black markings, then it is homozygous recessive?

Thanks
Luke

This is very interesting! So it seems to be a totally different gene then the trans since you only need one showing the trans to have some. If the "hyper" gene is truly a recessive then all the offspring should be 100% carriers since one parent is a hyper (showing the gene). Please keep us posted! I find this so interesting :):)

I just read all 11 pages of this post. First time I've seen it. I think the winning post has to go to FateX for mutant chameleon lab idea. Hilarious.

I personally don't happen to think the "morph" is attractive, same for translucents, but understand their attractiveness to others as something 'new and different'.

However, on the subject of whether it should be researched and developed, it seems almost hypocritical to say a particular genetic defect shouldn't be explored when anyone who's bred or raised baby chameons has probably depended on flightless or wingless fruit flies. I wonder how they ended up like that?

Before I'm lambasted for comparing fruit flies to chameleons, understand that it is just a point that all breeding for a genetic trait is not bad.

Oh, and Tyler's redhead post gets runner up. I dated a few of them myself and they are definitely a breed of their own!

Last edited:
For some reason these look edited.. Looks like someone went over the pictures with a burn or a darkener. Hah. In a few pictures you can still see the markings under the black... *rolls eyes*

Btw.. Oh Jevin, master of the thread resurrections..

Lmao!!! That is trueeee!!

You can see through the black in some pictures!

Ok this has to be the funniest forum i've ever read. Sorry Chris were not all cham nerds like you. I think if this thread goes any further its rediculous.

Hey i don't know about the rest of you but i wish i was half the cham nerd chris is!!!!!!!! i read this whole thread and thats what i replied to:confused:

Back
Top Bottom