Very Sick Baby Male Chameleon Help!!

lan_norman704

Since yesterday I have been caring for a friend of mine's 8 month old male veiled. He's been acting very strange lately, getting very aggressive and agitated, but yesterday when I went to go feed him, he was a very dark brown color and hanging from a branch just by his tail. I went to pick him up and he fell straight down and didn't move. I picked him up and he was struggling to breathe. He had blood coming out of his mouth and his cask is all shriveled and his eyes are very wrinkled. my first thought was that he was dehydrated. so i immediately started dropping water in his mouth. i put him in a smaller cage and laid him on a hand towel and put a UVA/UVB light on him. ( Im starting to think my friend was not doing a good job taking care of him) this morning he is green but with almost looks like black mold on his head. his back leg i noticed is now broken. and when he went to hiss at me, there is a blood clot in his throat. does this sound like dehydration or calcium defiency? please help!! i wish i knew he was this sick before! thanks!!

Last edited:
Sounds like your only chance is a Vet-but thinking about your description of his condition it sounds too late. They often start to turn black or get black spots when dieing. Do you know anything about your friends feeding, caging, lighting, watering, temperatures?

he has a 50 gallon tank with a couple of those twisted logs and some greenery. I've been telling him to put more greenery and those wirey branches in there for more room to climb. he's had I believe a UVA/UVB light on him all the time, when i called him last night asking if he gives him water he said he just uses that dripper but i told him that's not enough he needs to keep the whole cage moist (reason for lots of greenery!) im starting to think he's not been giving him his calcium powder and not enough water. i feel so bad for the little guy, i agree with you i think its too late. any other advice to keep him as comfortable as possible? thanks for your advice =)

i have to agree with Julirs... sorry..
he needs a vet..
and the vet might recommend you to ..... you know....:(

And at this point the "you know" might be the most humane thing to do. Sounds like dehydration-overheating- glass tank-and bad supplementing syndrome. I am sorry that you are going through this and wish you the best.

just from the lowest branch about 4 inches, but i believe his leg was broken previous to falling he's been walking strange for a couple of days now. he is now starting to climb a little bit more, but still very aggressive! im still giving him plenty of water and misting him, but he wont eat.

one question off the subject, does anyone know how you can change your screen name? i just threw one in there thinking i could go back and change it! if not how can you cancel the account? id like to make a new one lol. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom