Vent Problem

kris150

This morning I noticed my male veiled acting weird an kind of rubbing his vent on his stick and he just looked uncomfortable so I watched him for a little bit thinking that he just had to poop or whatever and he did start to poop but while the poop looked normal his vent did NOT. I believe he was starting to prolapse and it kind of opened up a little bigger than usual and red parts started sticking out of it but not completely. I was praying it would go back in and once his poop came out everything went back in thank god. It does look alittle swollen though. Is this likely to keep happening everytime he poops? What do I do?! :confused:

I would just keep an eye on him for right now. I have heard of this happening with male veileds although I have never witnessed it with my boys before.

As long as everything returns to normal it should be fine. If any of the soft reddish/pinkish parts remain out for long they need to be kept moist so they will not become neurotic. If it stays out you will need a vet appointment.

Back
Top Bottom