poop problem

plzhelp

my chameleon hasn’t been eating/pooping a whole lot recently and i don’t think this poop looks healthy could anyone help and tell me if this looks bad. He closes 1 eye every so often and rubs his eyes on the branches i don’t think it’s a eye problem because the eye alternates i think that’s cause of lack of vitamin A so i just gave him some repashy calcium plus lod powder yesterday i wonder if that’s why it looks like this. thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4911.jpeg
    IMG_4911.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 48
So I believe you have multiple chameleons based on your different posts... Please make sure you are checking your prior posts. People are asking you questions but you do not respond.

Eye issues can be more than a vitamin A issue. We would really need to see the entire enclosure including the lighting on top and pics of the cham. Poop issues are not tied to vitamin A issues. Based on the urate in your pic your cham could be dehydrated.

ok will do thank you, the reason i think it is vitamin A deficiency is because i wasn’t gutloading his crickets/roaches for a couple months and he wouldn’t eat a whole lot of them so i switched over to worms for a little bit to try and fatten him up because he was skinny so he didn’t get much nutrients through that period of time but the past week or 2 i’ve been gutloading all feeders and i just gave him the multivitamin yesterday. the lights are 100w for the heat lamp and the bar light is a t5ho 5.0 bulb normally i have a 24 inch bulb up there but when i tried turning it on this morning it didn’t work so i’m using the same light but 12 inch until i go to the store later today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 47
ok will do thank you, the reason i think it is vitamin A deficiency is because i wasn’t gutloading his crickets/roaches for a couple months and he wouldn’t eat a whole lot of them so i switched over to worms for a little bit to try and fatten him up because he was skinny so he didn’t get much nutrients through that period of time but the past week or 2 i’ve been gutloading all feeders and i just gave him the multivitamin yesterday. the lights are 100w for the heat lamp and the bar light is a t5ho 5.0 bulb normally i have a 24 inch bulb up there but when i tried turning it on this morning it didn’t work so i’m using the same light but 12 inch until i go to the store later today.
So gutloading and supplementing are two different things... Gutloading is feeding your insects so they are the best they can be and carry nutrients to the chams. Supplementing is different. This we put lightly on our feeders just prior to feeding. For a Panther you should use a calcium without D3 at all feedings and then the repashy calcium plus LoD version only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. The repashy is your multivitamin with D3 and A along with water soluble vitamins. They need the direct supplementation of A so that it is usable in their body but we have to be careful how much we give because A and D3 can build up in the tissues because they are fat soluble vitamins. So you do not want to overdo these because they can create a toxicity.

100 watt bulb is going to put out some major heat... You want a gauge with a probe hooked to the branch with a zip tie right below this fixture. You want to ensure temps at the branch are only 80-83 because where he rises up it will be much hotter and thermal burn risk increases.

Have you gotten a fecal done to rule out a parasite issue? This is often the cause of appetite reduction.

Cage overall looks good. But I would recommend lifting that up on a table. They really do not feel safe that low to the ground. They like to be the highest in the room. So if they are on a floor they can stress more than wanted.

Here is a gutload image for you.

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 43
So gutloading and supplementing are two different things... Gutloading is feeding your insects so they are the best they can be and carry nutrients to the chams. Supplementing is different. This we put lightly on our feeders just prior to feeding. For a Panther you should use a calcium without D3 at all feedings and then the repashy calcium plus LoD version only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. The repashy is your multivitamin with D3 and A along with water soluble vitamins. They need the direct supplementation of A so that it is usable in their body but we have to be careful how much we give because A and D3 can build up in the tissues because they are fat soluble vitamins. So you do not want to overdo these because they can create a toxicity.

100 watt bulb is going to put out some major heat... You want a gauge with a probe hooked to the branch with a zip tie right below this fixture. You want to ensure temps at the branch are only 80-83 because where he rises up it will be much hotter and thermal burn risk increases.

Have you gotten a fecal done to rule out a parasite issue? This is often the cause of appetite reduction.

Cage overall looks good. But I would recommend lifting that up on a table. They really do not feel safe that low to the ground. They like to be the highest in the room. So if they are on a floor they can stress more than wanted.

Here is a gutload image for you.
thank you for your help i will take him in to get a fecal examination and will ask the vet what she thinks again thank you for your help🙏🏽

Back
Top Bottom