veiled on the ground

UPDATE: Miss Grumpy Pants is getting so big! :confused: She's doing awesome. Still grumpy but she's getting better. She still hisses and vibrates when you pick her up but once she's in your hand for minute she calms down. I'm still doing the liquid calcium every night.

I haven't been able to get her to eat any kind of veggies. She hasn't shown any interest in her laying bin.

Just wanted to update y'all on how she's doing. :love::love:

Attachments

• IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 226
do not force handle
GUTLOAD! add more variety!
you need calcium with d3 and without same with vitamins
at least 2-minute look misting look into getting a fogger!
don't buy from Petco in the future
Vertical cage when older so at least 2' by 2' by 4'
get a repti 10.0 when is 2' by 2' by 4'
do hidy holes unless hanging she is not a gecko
NO SUBSTRATE
sorry if its late

She will eat the substrate, then have compaction problems...... veiled chams eat vegetables and insects, she might mistake your sphagnum moss as something edible..... I build my own cages, that costs me about $50.00, for the hardware and screen, uvb light bulb & plants, I get everything else free from job leftovers... construction site leftovers, lumber, screws, pvc roofing material for the bottom

Last edited:
I do give her calcium with d3 and multivitamin every 2 weeks. Calcium without d3 every night on crickets that are gutloaded.

She has a dripper. Only substrate is in her laying bin. It's washed eco earth.

I would strongly recommend only feeding in the morning, they need heat and uvb light for their bodies to metabolise minerals, and veilds should have a nice night time temp drop, of course you know this, sorry, I feel like I'm just rambling now

So happy she is doing better and she definitely grew a lot since I first read this thread. Glad to see you put in so much effort and stuck around here.

Feeding at night before turning the lights off is counterproductive, they need heat and uvb light to digest food, and need a temperature drop at night ..... please read the care sheet!!! Or your veiled chameleon will die

I don't even feed my baby panthers at night, because they need heat and uvb light to digest their food, and I drop the temperatures at night

I feed her at night when I get home from work. I keep her lights on for about 3-4 hours after I feed her. I turn off her lights before bed. She gets her temp drop every night. And time to bask and digest before bed. That's the only time I'm available to feed her bc I have to have my husband's help giving her the liquid calcium

to the more experienced owners, in this situation would a free range set up be better for the Cham until a bigger viv is obtained?

Back
Top Bottom